Anyone been to Southern Carribean in Jan ??

csic

Wondering if anyone has been to Southern Carribean in January?? 25th wedding anniversary coming up and want to go somewhere warm. Thinking about going on the Southern Carribean cruise out of San Juan on the Victory but not sure how the weather is January? Is the water warm? can you go snorkel during that time of the year?

We have done Southern Caribbean cruises several times in January. We've always had lovely weather, other than a short shower here and there. It would be a great place to celebrate your 25th anniversary.

Thanks for the info !!! Was the water warm enough to get in to as well. Could you go snorkel in the water or is it to cold ? Could you book a resort all inclusive beach day and enjoy the pool and the ocean or is it too cold to get in?

Wondering if anyone has been to Southern Carribean in January?? 25th wedding anniversary coming up and want to go somewhere warm. Thinking about going on the Southern Carribean cruise out of San Juan on the Victory but not sure how the weather is January? Is the water warm? can you go snorkel during that time of the year?

I've done the Destiny out of San Juan to the Southern Caribbean in January, snorkelled at two of the six ports, was wonderful! Even if a cold front comes down from Canada then, and Florida is in the 40's, this itinerary is rarely affected. Expect high 70's to low 80's land temps. Sure beats being back in wintry NY!

My January Southern Cruise had excellent weather. I was in the water the whole time. We did not have a drop of rain for two weeks. Also, it was so smooth. I never once needed meds for sea sickness.

Did the Eastern Caribbean in January this year, weather was prefect! Swam in St. Thomas and Grand Turks, water was great. The temperature was warm during the day, but cooler at night. A blanket was prefect on the deck to watch a movie on the Big screen. Would go again during this time without a second thought.

:) We've been to the Southern Caribbean many times in January and it's wonderful!

Along the way... once past the Bahamas (which can be iffy), it's nice and warm south of there in the Caribbean. We always swim and snorkel in the Caribbean in January!

Have FUN! :D

THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR YOUR QUICK RESPONSE!!!!! I believe its time to book a cruise to paradise in the southern carribean in January!!!!!!! and leave the winter blues behind!!!! Can't wait to put my toes in the water and my *** in the sand !!!!!!:D

We just travelled on the Carnival Victory this past January 24th. The weather was perfect as far as temperatures went. Never had a day that we thought about not wearing shorts. We swam at all 6 destinations and the water temperature was great. I know the fact that we are from Canada and think that anything in the 70's is swimming weather, but it was truly warm and enjoyable. :D. I much prefer it when it is not 100 degrees and humid. Wish we were going with you on the Victory. It was an amazing cruise even though we were tired when it was over. Enjoy!

The end of January is our favorite time of year to cruise. The weather has always been perfect! Great for snorkeling and swimming in the ocean/pools and sitting in the sand.

No worries, life will be good! :D

If I had to wait two years between cruises I think I would stowaway.

If I had to wait two years between cruises I think I would stowaway.

Trust me, the thought has crossed my mind! :p

It is a long WAIT but if I have to choose between no countdown clock or a really long countdown clock, I'll choose the latter! :)

Archived