transportation to pier

findmewdw

We are staying at Aston Waikiki precruise NCL. What would be the best/inexpensive transportation to the pier?

Also, we signed up for Thrifty Blue Chip program. Is it a good idea to get the prepaid fuel option?

We are counting the days down until our cruise in Oct!

THANKS!

we signed up for Thrifty Blue Chip program. Is it a good idea to get the prepaid fuel option?

In general, the prepaid fuel option is not a good idea. The only time I would consider it is if you think you're going to cut it close on returning the car and feel you won't have time to refuel.

There's a gas station VERY close to the Thrifty airport location in Honolulu - in fact the Thrifty agent marked it on my map! There was also a gas station very close to the King Kam in Kona (one block east of Ali'i Drive). I also had no problems finding gas near the airport in Hilo and Kahului (Maui). The only place where I had a little difficulty was in Lihue (Kauai) because I used my GPS and it directed me to a Chevron that was actually a membership-only gas station, so I wasted a little time reprogramming.

Save your gas receipts because Thrifty asks that you fill up within about 5 miles of the return location, if I remember correctly. Although honestly, I can't remember agents actually looking at my receipt; they just looked at the gas gauge and mileage.

We used Roberts. Very reasonable rates, cheaper than a taxi. They pick you up when they say they will and the drivers are very friendly. You need to make reservations 48 hours in advance and they will give you options for pick up times.

Archived