Beverage Questions

riodog

Couple of questions regarding beverages onboard Mariner of the Seas. Can you get soda at lunch and dinner? Is there a charge or is it included? Can you order a case of bottled water from room service to have in your cabin? Are there any places on the ship to get a beverage that is included during the day not at meal times or is the soda card the only way?

Thank you in advance

Soda is not included - It's $1.50 per can +15% or $42 +15% for the soda card - for unlimited FOUNTAIN soda all week. Yes, it's available in the dining rooms, Windjammer, specialty restaurants, and all the bars.

"Tap" water, iced tea, and something else (lemonade?) are "free"... There's a charge for bottled water - don't know about ordering a CASE of it, but I suppose you could. It wouldn't be any cheaper by the case though so I'd just get what I wanted every day or so.

Couple of questions regarding beverages onboard Mariner of the Seas. Can you get soda at lunch and dinner? Is there a charge or is it included? Can you order a case of bottled water from room service to have in your cabin? Are there any places on the ship to get a beverage that is included during the day not at meal times or is the soda card the only way?

Thank you in advance

We just got off the Voyager of the Seas yesterday. We had a great time! You can get juice and coffee with breakfast at no extra charge, coffee, iced tea and lemonade at lunch at no extra charge and I believe the same for dinner. Soda is always extra unless you have the card. There is a child's drink card and an adult drink card for soda. The Windjammer is just about open from breakfast through dinner (it might shut down about 1/2 hour to get read for the next meal) but when it is open you can always get lemonade, iced tea or a glass of water. Bottle water always costs extra even with a drink card. My husband got a drink card but we traveled with two children who each had one. So it really was a waste to buy the adult card. We never used room service but someone said you were allowed to order (at no charge) from it twice during your stay. You can always get juice from them at any time. There is a mini-bar in your room with soda and water and candy. There is a price list for these items in your room. As for the case of water, I don't know if you can purchase it on the ship. I saw someone carry a case of water on the ship. Doesn't cost a lot to try that. Worst case is they make you leave it at the pier.

Hope this helps.

Laurie

Laurie

We carry on a few bottles of water and a couple of bottles of Diet Coke and when those run out we pick more up in port. It's always cheaper then the ship and less hassle then carrying on cases of water or coke. We keep the bottles in the fridge and they are convient for having in the room. Once out of the room between water, ice tea and lemonade there is plenty to keep us happy for free. When we were on the Legend, we discovered they kept ice water in a big cooler in the game room. It was a great place to get a quick drink without having to go all the way up to the Windjammer and the cups were disposible so you could toss it when you were done.

Lori

Hey "Mad" we'll be on the Jewel with you on May 27th! Can't wait!

The bottled water on the ship is like $3.50 plus 15% gratuity for a large bottle. You can bring all you want on board so do that instead.

You can order from room service as many times as you want without a charge. Just tip the person bringing it a buck or two. :)

You don't "preorder" the soda package, you just have it charged to your SeaPass account when you get onboard the ship. They then put a sticker on your card that you show the bartenders.
I had read the following post on This thread
hen I was on the Summit in October I got the soda card and the cup - but I got the cup because I ordered the soda package online - quick tip - you get the cup and also you don't have to pay the 15% graduity. Call me cheap but it saved a few dollars. I normally buy the soda card on the ship and have never gotten the cup. That was my main reason getting it on line, was nice to use it sometimes. It doesn't hold much though. I ended up buying one of the Celebrity cups from the gift shop that was insulated. They had no trouble filling it up and it holds a lot.
I had reached it by a search and only thought I was searching the RCCL BBS. When I went back and looked, I now realize it was the Celebrity board though it's the same company and price so I'll check with C&A and my TA and see if I can indeed preorder it.

You get the Coke cup thingy when you buy it on the ship as well... No idea about the gratuity, but if you wait until the ship sails you don't have to pay sales tax.

You don't HAVE to use that cup though, who wants to carry a cup around with them? All you have to do is show them your sticker and they'll put it in a glass.

Not sure if they'll sell you a can of it but I did see the bartender pouring someone a Volkda/Red Bull from a can.......SO, I imagine they'll sell it to you.

BTW...This was at the Pool Bar so I'm not sure of the other bars.

What is the cost for the soda card for kids? I can't remember what I paid last April. I didn't remember them adding a gratuity to it??!! help!

This is from RCCL website:

Do you offer drink packages?

To make your vacation more convenient, we offer an Adult and Kids Soda/Juice Package as stated below.

ADULT FOUNTAIN SODA/JUICE PACKAGE

This package entitles guests 18 years of age and older to unlimited consumption of fountain sodas (no cans) and juices at all bars and lounges, Windjammer, Dining Room and Private Destinations (CocoCay and Labadee). This package is available for purchase on the day of embarkation at all bars and lounges and may be charged to your SeaPass account. After this package has been purchased, a sticker will be placed on your boarding card allowing you to consume fountain sodas (no cans) and juices throughout your cruise. A complimentary Coca Cola souvenir cup is included as part of the package.

Juices that are included in this package are orange juice, grapefruit juice, pineapple juice and cranberry juice. Juices are complimentary for all guests during breakfast.

The cost of the package is $6.00 per person, per day, and is applicable to the total days of the cruise vacation. A 15% gratuity charge will be added.

Please note: The fountain soda / juice package is only available for the total amount of days of the cruise and prices are subject to change without notice.

KIDS FOUNTAIN SODA/JUICE PACKAGE

This package entitles our younger cruisers (guests 17 years of age and younger) to unlimited consumption of fountain sodas (no cans) and juices at all bars and lounges, Windjammer, Dining Room and Private Destinations (CocoCay and Labadee). This package is available for purchase on the day of embarkation at all bars and lounges and Adventure Ocean and may be charged to your SeaPass account. After this package has been purchased, a sticker will be placed on your boarding card allowing you to consume fountain sodas (no cans) and juices throughout your cruise. A complimentary Coca Cola souvenir cup is included as part of the package.

Juices that are included in this package are orange juice, grapefruit juice, pineapple juice and cranberry juice. Juices are complimentary for all guests during breakfast.

The cost of the package is $4.00 per person, per day, and is applicable to the total days of the cruise vacation. A 15% gratuity charge will be added.

Please note: The fountain soda / juice package is only available for the total amount of days of the cruise and prices are subject to change without notice.

• 1 year later...

Archived