Another Price Drop Question with Balcony Discount!

Theoretically here’s the scenario…...you book an inside cabin for a 7 day cruise well before the final payment but (after May17)

Prices are:

Inside $999………………..Balcony $1,349

After final payment the prices have dropped to:

Inside $849.………………….Balcony $979.00

Since I get a balcony discount of at least $100.00 that would bring the price to 879.00 for the balcony.

I know I can’t get any refund/OBC credit for the inside.

What do you suppose happens if you “upgrade” to a balcony. Will they apply the D discount????I’m thinking you could get that balcony for 999.00 (price paid for inside)and no less.

Would this not be a way of securing a price drop on a balcony after final payment by booking the lowest price cabin,, if they do indeed honor the balcony discount?:D

Maybe some of our CC’ers have already come across this? If so what happened?

Please don’t ask me to call RCCL,,,,you betcha I will be checking this out with them sometime or another.

Just a thought!

Remember, they now deduct money from your balcony discount if you book less than 6 months before the cruise:( So this may reduce your amount a bit (maybe $25?). I would say go for it, nothing ventured nothing gained;) What have you got to loose? LOL

The upgrade is exactly within RCCL's policy. After final payment, for bookings made after 5/17/10, you can ask for an upgrade to the balcony since it is now less than what you paid. Yes, you would also get the balcony discount.

This is clearly stated in an article here on CruiseCritic with an RCCL staff person. It was published in June 2010. I also did a live chat with C&A after the article, and they confirmed this is their policy. You should have no problems.

Remember, they now deduct money from your balcony discount if you book less than 6 months before the cruise:( So this may reduce your amount a bit (maybe $25?). I would say go for it, nothing ventured nothing gained;) What have you got to loose? LOL

Point taken, thank you.

The upgrade is exactly within RCCL's policy. After final payment, for bookings made after 5/17/10, you can ask for an upgrade to the balcony since it is now less than what you paid. Yes, you would also get the balcony discount.

This is clearly stated in an article here on CruiseCritic with an RCCL staff person. It was published in June 2010. I also did a live chat with C&A after the article, and they confirmed this is their policy. You should have no problems.

Hey Peggy, that's great to have it in writing. Cause call number 2,3 and 4 could be different as you are well aware:eek: I'll have to reread that article, I don't remember the balcony discount mentioned,

I haven't even seen this senario for myself, just imagineering!:cool:

Ok, I'm confused....rccl won't give you a balcony (diamond) discount if you book a cruise less than 6 months out? Am I reading this wrong?

Thanks.

Point taken, thank you.

Hey Peggy, that's great to have it in writing. Cause call number 2,3 and 4 could be different as you are well aware:eek: I'll have to reread that article, I don't remember the balcony discount mentioned,

I haven't even seen this senario for myself, just imagineering!:cool:

The balcony discount wasn't mentioned in the article, but it's a standard discount if you aren't trying to combine it with another "no-no" offer. The time that you apply the discount doesn't matter, even after final payment, since you are going to a new cabin.

I've noticed quite a few posters on this board seem to make RCCL out to be stingy and lousy to do business with (not you!!!). I have only had one bad experience with them in 37 years of sailing with them. They are very accomodating most of the time. Balcony discounts are applicable to any balcony cabin you book, even as an upgrade.

I've switched to balcony cabins several times when the price with my discount is lower than what I've already booked.

Ok, I'm confused....rccl won't give you a balcony (diamond) discount if you book a cruise less than 6 months out? Am I reading this wrong?

Thanks.

Yes, you still get your balcony discount, it's just reduced by $25.

Here is a breakdown of balcony discounts per cabin for Platinum, Diamond and Diamond Plus Members.

Platinum Balcony Discount When Booking More Than 6 Months From Sailing Date:

$50* for sailings of 3-5 nights

$100* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$200* for sailings of 10-14 nights

$200* for sailings of 15+ nights

Diamond Balcony Discount When Booking More Than 6 Months From Sailing Date:

$125* for sailings of 3-5 nights

$225* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$325* for sailings of 10-14 nights

$325* for sailings of 15+ nights

Diamond Plus Balcony Discount When Booking More Than 6 Months From Sailing Date:

$150* for sailings of 3-5 nights

$250* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$350* for sailings of 10-14 nights

$350* for sailings of 15+ nights

*When booking less than 6 months from sailing date subtract $25 from each dollar amount.

Thanks.

Unless this has come with the rules post May 17th, I have never run across this.

The balcony discount wasn't mentioned in the article, but it's a standard discount if you aren't trying to combine it with another "no-no" offer. The time that you apply the discount doesn't matter, even after final payment, since you are going to a new cabin.

I've noticed quite a few posters on this board seem to make RCCL out to be stingy and lousy to do business with (not you!!!). I have only had one bad experience with them in 37 years of sailing with them. They are very accomodating most of the time. Balcony discounts are applicable to any balcony cabin you book, even as an upgrade.

I've switched to balcony cabins several times when the price with my discount is lower than what I've already booked.

I also find them very accomadating as long as the policies are understood by both sides. And I will tell you, they have patience like a saint at times!

Archived