Lets do an all things Navigator of the seas thread

planning on sailing Navigator of the seas this fall and was wanting to find any information tips, ports must see or do on this ship Thanks.

I'm sailing in March - I'm equally curious. I've never been on the ship and have a million and one questions about my cabin, MTD, excursions, etc. Would love to hear from people who have already been on a cruise, and questions from those going in case I forget to ask a question :cool:

I've been on Navigator a few times. We like deck 6, as it is one deck down to the Promenade. See if the entertainers are good in the British Pub and in the piano lounge, as these venues can be fun.

I had the chance to switch from deck 8, cabin 8300, to deck 6, on the hump, for a lot less money due to a residency rate. I wasn't sure about switching, but so many people told me to go for it. What else did you like about this deck?

Pam

We are going on the NOS for the 4th time this Dec so have to say it is our favorite ship. Our two favorite locations are the aft balconies either 7th or 10th deck and the JS hump on the 9th deck.

Things not to miss are the wine and dine dinner in Portofino one of the best meals we ever had on a cruise ship. Have a great cigar bar which we enjoy. We have done MTD twice on NOS our last time we actually had the same table and same wait team for the whole cruise which we liked.

One of the best things we like about NOS is that we can take a short cruise on a state of the art ship instead of an older ship with tiny cabins. I like having loads to do on a large ship even if it is a short itinerary and NOS offer us that.

We are going on the NOS for the 4th time this Dec so have to say it is our favorite ship. Our two favorite locations are the aft balconies either 7th or 10th deck and the JS hump on the 9th deck.

Things not to miss are the wine and dine dinner in Portofino one of the best meals we ever had on a cruise ship. Have a great cigar bar which we enjoy. We have done MTD twice on NOS our last time we actually had the same table and same wait team for the whole cruise which we liked.

One of the best things we like about NOS is that we can take a short cruise on a state of the art ship instead of an older ship with tiny cabins. I like having loads to do on a large ship even if it is a short itinerary and NOS offer us that.

We are going in Dec also. I would be interested in the "wine and dine" dinner at Portofino's. Never heard of that. Can you give me more info?

Navigator is our favorite ship. I agree, I like a cabin on the 6th deck. One flight down to the promenade, where you can get coffee, a snack, a drink. 1 flight down to the dining room. They have always had good music. Either in the Lounge, the Pub or piano bar.

Don't miss the Viking crown lounge, (I think they now gave it a new name). It is on deck 14. Great views of the pool deck. I like sitting there with a drink in hand and people watching. They also have some great party themes going in there at night.

You will love the ship. I know we will be going again at least once more before they move her permernatly to Europe next year. Liberty will be taking her place as the 4 and 5 night cruises. My second favorate ship.

Have a wonderful time.

Irene

Booked a 4 night on NOS.. DH & I taking 4 Grandchildren ages 11-17 and their parents.. We originally had 2 E2's with 2 PR's deck 6 ,,, thought we were doing the right thing, moved more center ship and up to deck 8,,..2 E1's and 2 PR's , now not sure,,help,

Only DH and I have cruised... brand new experience for the rest and want it to be special...

anything I need to know for the teenagers??

thanks so much

We are going in Dec also. I would be interested in the "wine and dine" dinner at Portofino's. Never heard of that. Can you give me more info?

what I remember is the menu with wine pairing was $54 and this is what was served

Tuna Carpaccio and Tomato Tartare with kalamata olives, crispy lettuces and herb oil

paired with Danzante Pinot Grigio, Veneto, Italy

Pan Seared Bay Scallops and Lobster in basil seafood nage and double whipped mashed potatoes

paired with La Vite Lucente Sangiovese/Merlot Blend, Tuscany, Italy

House Salad- radicchio, arugula, romaine, belgian endive, tomatoes, olives, fennel and crispy prosciutto, feta cheese and chive dressing

Roasted Beef Medallions with parmesan custard, asparagus, sweet corn puree and golden shallot reductions

paired with Il Ducale Sangiovese, Ruffino, Tuscany, Italy

Mascarpone and Strawberry Crepes- citrus scented Galliano syrup, candied orange peel, and almong florentine

paired with Errazuriz Late Harvest Sauvignon Blanc, Casablanca Valley, Chile

It was a great evening, terrific staff and the wines and the food were incredible well worth the money . I might do it again we had such a great evening

what I remember is the menu with wine pairing was $54 and this is what was served

Tuna Carpaccio and Tomato Tartare with kalamata olives, crispy lettuces and herb oil

paired with Danzante Pinot Grigio, Veneto, Italy

Pan Seared Bay Scallops and Lobster in basil seafood nage and double whipped mashed potatoes

paired with La Vite Lucente Sangiovese/Merlot Blend, Tuscany, Italy

House Salad- radicchio, arugula, romaine, belgian endive, tomatoes, olives, fennel and crispy prosciutto, feta cheese and chive dressing

Roasted Beef Medallions with parmesan custard, asparagus, sweet corn puree and golden shallot reductions

paired with Il Ducale Sangiovese, Ruffino, Tuscany, Italy

Mascarpone and Strawberry Crepes- citrus scented Galliano syrup, candied orange peel, and almong florentine

paired with Errazuriz Late Harvest Sauvignon Blanc, Casablanca Valley, Chile

It was a great evening, terrific staff and the wines and the food were incredible well worth the money . I might do it again we had such a great evening

Do you know what night this was?

I traveled last December on the Navigator and planning to do it again in 2010. I was very excited about the wine dinner and prior booked this after reading all of the postings on this board. I travel solo these days and this is one way for a traveling solo person to enjoy the speciality restaurant as well as drink some fine wines. I paid for this event at least two months prior to sailing on the night it was scheduled I showed up for the dinner and was pleasantly told by the maitred that the dinner had been cancelled and it had also been cancelled for the last several voyages, they had not enough diners to participate. When I pressed why I did not receive a message prior to arriving at the dinner, the maitred said he tried to call me during the day but got no answer and didn't leave a voice mail message or send a note. He made me very uncomfortable when I pressed how unprofessional the staff handled this situation--he then said he would find me a seat in a empty dining room if I wanted to dine alone. I had to also press where my $$$ were for the dinner since the refund had not been credited back to my room charge which I checked earlier in the day. I think I am one of the few people who actually walked off the ship with RCCL owing them money. Glad to hear that the dinner was nice and if you are sailing in December--sign up so others can enjoy this fine experience.

kek17

Cincinnati, OH

Love the Navigator!

So much to do, yet it doesn't seem "overwhelming" at all..

Love to answer any questions!

How's the pizza? Are the dinning rooms for your time dining different then the fixed dining options? What time is the earliest time to get on the ship? Do they have afternoon tea? What are the free drinks? How's the coffee on the ship? Do they have coke or pepsi? How's the salad on the lunch buffet? Do they have any happy hour discounts? Do they offer a drink of the day for a discount? Any free ice cream? How are the shows? Just a few questions.....(:-)

How's the pizza? Are the dinning rooms for your time dining different then the fixed dining options? What time is the earliest time to get on the ship? Do they have afternoon tea? What are the free drinks? How's the coffee on the ship? Do they have coke or pepsi? How's the salad on the lunch buffet? Do they have any happy hour discounts? Do they offer a drink of the day for a discount? Any free ice cream? How are the shows? Just a few questions.....(:-)

I would like to know as well. How are the wait times for activities on board, such as skating, rockwall climbing, miniature golf.... Seems every time I wanted to do something on another ship it was either closed or too many people. Did you use the gym facilities? I'm also curious about the evening meals. We have always done the MDR for dinner because I never wanted to miss a good meal; we are signed up for MTD because on our last cruise we reluctantly walked away from activities in the Centrum in order to eat, but never thought about WJ for dinner.

And I know it has been posted over and over and over again on the boards, but I have to ask about this particular ship for those who have sailed her. The ship is scheduled to arrive in port at 7AM - what is the earliest and latest disembarkation time? We are flying out of FLL and it's been two years since I've cruised and all I remember is sitting forever in the theater waiting to be called. I am looking at a 3PM flight, non-stop so I know I would definitely make that flight. If I choose that one, can I still mingle around the ship and be one of the last passengers off?

On the other hand, if I decide to take an early flight, has anyone taken their own luggage off? If so, what time did you leave the ship? I don't mind waiting for a flight but I hate sitting around in the airport with nothing to do.

• 2 weeks later...

The Navigator of the Seas has been in the Med all summer, and she doesn't get back to her Caribbean route til early November. My guess is that is why you seeing as much response; posts will probably pick up more once she's back over here sailing out of FLL. Unfortunately for me and martyz, that's only a few weeks before we leave! But I'll answer as many questions as I can when I get back.

martyz - one thing I saw on the web ... I am assuming it's coke, not pepsi (because you get a coke cup with the soda package)

Archived