Brodies????

CarribbeanTina271

Just wondering if anyone has been to Brodies and what kinds of stuff does it have??? I read that it is like a grocery store.. looking for something cheap for myself and DH to do on our next trip to Belize. Though we have ventured outside the gates our last trip and was little intimidated, I don't wanna be afraid to go over the bridge and into the town area.

Thanks

Just wondering if anyone has been to Brodies and what kinds of stuff does it have??? I read that it is like a grocery store.. looking for something cheap for myself and DH to do on our next trip to Belize. Though we have ventured outside the gates our last trip and was little intimidated, I don't wanna be afraid to go over the bridge and into the town area.

Thanks

It's like a general store...a little bit of everything. Kind of interesting but nothing exciting. I wouldn't make it a single destination stop, but do venture across the swing bridge, and walk down Albert Street stop at Brodies buy some Marie Sharp hotsauce, then continue on to St John's and visit the Cultural Center across the street in the old Governors Mansion (you'll see it from the tender ride--white mansion with canons in front and a boat in a shed). Then walk back. Can't recommend any bar/restaurants along the route (JamiBel's Jerk chicken is no more) but there are some market stands with interesting fruit and meat selections. You might have a better shopping visit at the flea market which is down Fort Street (IIRC) across and down a block or two from the Tourism Village. But just get back in time to hit Wet Lizard for Belkins and fritters.

Crew

Thanks Crew.. sounds like a plan.. I just wanna see more then the TV and we have ventured out and walked around past the lighthouse, but I think we totally missed the flea market.. I want to buy something that isn't the same ol thing in the village..and the hot sauce is a good thing to start with :)

Archived