cruisers w/out children

tiff123

\ Kinda like going to Disney World and complaining about the kids.

It happens, trust me...

We go a lot and trust me, there are a lot of adults that seem to think Disney was made first for Adults and second for children. They run into children, push them out of the way, it's crazy.

Last time it happened, I said loudly "oh that's right, you should just go ahead of the children, because that's what Disney is here for the adults not for children..." :rolleyes:

It seems crazy that someone who dislikes children onboard would choose to sail on Carnival. You are signing on to a family oriented line! If you want to avoid kids, you will find fewer on HAL or move to the more expensive ships. Kinda like going to Disney World and complaining about the kids.

I think I've spent too much time on facebook, because I really wanted to "like" this post. :)

My comment could run on for days on this subject, oh where to begin. One thing I would love for these child haters to consider is how they are part of the problem. I recently met a friend at Mcdonalds after a park day. I allowed my 12 year old to take my debit card and order. He politely ordered and the cashier was very rude to him, however he was never rude back. I would have not even known of the situation, if my friend had not been standing in line behind him. He never said anything just let it roll off his back (some adults could take a cue). After he came back but before I knew anything I asked him to get a water cup for me, he did and when he came back he said " I think that woman thinks I'm a juvenile deliquent". She, in a not so nice way "reminded" him the "water cup" he asked for was only for water. I tell this story to highlight that even well behaved children get descriminated against as if it were a sin to be a child. As a parent I find it very difficult to teach my children to respect their elders when so many of them treat them like garbage. It's time to wake up and start treating everyone with respect and judging people on character instead of their outward appearance. Things will never get better till they do. How do you think it would over if I asked how many blacks were going to be on my cruise because they are too (Insert whatever here) Or how many jews or gays or elderly or disabled. I would probably have my CC membership revoked. Parents do need to be parents on their cruise, but we all need to act the humans. I would not like to be around anyone that misbehaves, child or adult but I would have to confine myself to my bedroom for that to happen. The bottom line is that these days people are so selfish they think about themselves first, they are the only ones who matter. What happened to treat others as you would want to be treated? Parents you will never argue with these people long enough to change them, the time is better invested in you children:) Just think if you teach your children to respect all people, than maybe in 50 years this won't be an issue.

I took 4 cruises with my hubby before we even had a child, and 3 cruises (anxiously awaiting our 4th) with my young daughter. When I was cruising as part of a married couple, I never really took notice of the kids on board.

Now that I'm cruising as a parent, I do notice the children and have to tell you that I'd MUCH rather sail with a ship full of children than some of these so-called adults! :eek:

It's been my experience that kids at least know how to have fun, to smile, to play, and to enjoy themselves. I don't see them getting worked up over missing a port, chair hogs, having to cruise with a bunch of grown-ups, or smoking. The kids I have seen are quick to smile and slow to judge, unlike many adults I've encountered. (There are, of course, exceptions in any situation.)

Anyway, if some anonymous old fuddy-duddy on the internet wants to bemoan the fact that I bring my child on family vacations with me, well then that person has more serious issues that I need to pray for, and it's not going to affect my family's vacation in the least. :)

Archived