Diamond Plus Oasis Questions

For anyone who has already sailed Oasis and is Diamond plus, we have a few questions as we plan for our upcoming Oasis cruise.

1. Does the concierge have tickets to the various shows like Hairspray, Oasis of Dreams, Come Fly with me, or do we need to make reservations before we board to ensure seats?

2. What about the Ice Show. Is there a non-published ice show for D/D+ as we've experienced on other ships?

3. What about reservations at specialty restaurants? Will the concierge be able to handle the reservations, as we're used to, or should we make them in advance?

4. Any information on the Chef's table? How do we make reservations?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts

Seatravelers

1. They do have access and can get tix, but do it yourself before you board. It's easier and you'll get a better choice of shows. The Oasis concierges are really just glorified GR, and they mostly cater to suite guests.

2. No

3. Same as 1

4. Dunno. Someone else will.

Have a great cruise.

For anyone who has already sailed Oasis and is Diamond plus, we have a few questions as we plan for our upcoming Oasis cruise.

1. Does the concierge have tickets to the various shows like Hairspray, Oasis of Dreams, Come Fly with me, or do we need to make reservations before we board to ensure seats?

2. What about the Ice Show. Is there a non-published ice show for D/D+ as we've experienced on other ships?

3. What about reservations at specialty restaurants? Will the concierge be able to handle the reservations, as we're used to, or should we make them in advance?

Seatravelers

1. They do have access and can get tix, but do it yourself before you board. It's easier and you'll get a better choice of shows. The Oasis concierges are really just glorified GR, and they mostly cater to suite guests.

2. No

3. Same as 1

Have a great cruise.

Huh??? You've experienced private ice shows for D and D+? Which ships?

I'm with yogimax...............watchu talkin' 'bout, Willis?

2. No

3. Same as 1

Have a great cruise.

Reyno will not be happy with this post. Thats for sure...

I have just been wondering about the answer to questiion number one, as a matter of fact. We'll be Diamond Plus after we leave the Mariner in two weeks, and we'll board Oasis six weeks later. I should've known better, but I procrastinated as far as booking Oasis shows and the times I want for several of the shows are "unavailable". I know we can try the walk in method, but was wondering whether we can get tickets for our preferred times from the Concierge in either lounge.

Make the reservations yourself prior to your sail date. The Concierge may not be able to get you into your desired time. Only Suite guests that have the Gold Seapass have the option of attending any show that they want without reservations.

No but there are plenty of show times to choose from.

Again, make them ahead of time. Many nights fill up fast.

Seatravelers

So to answer your questions, book early.:)

I have just been wondering about the answer to questiion number one, as a matter of fact. We'll be Diamond Plus after we leave the Mariner in two weeks, and we'll board Oasis six weeks later. I should've known better, but I procrastinated as far as booking Oasis shows and the times I want for several of the shows are "unavailable". I know we can try the walk in method, but was wondering whether we can get tickets for our preferred times from the Concierge in either lounge.

This is for the Oasis (and Allure) only: No tickets needed: they use your seapass, but YOU WILL NEED reservations!!!!!!!! Ten minutes before the show, if seats still available, they will let people without reservations in......

About specialty restaurants: we make all our reservations as soon as we can on the RC web site; sometimes they are all booked and the concierge will not be able to help!!!!!!! Hope this will help

I think that someone is pulling your leg or at least they are not on every cruise. None last week on the Freedom. Of course there were only twelve D+ on the cruise.:)

No, no leg pulling. It has been a secret for some time now. There is a new class of Diamond Traveler... It is the Diamond Super Plus. They get whatever that want and get to make up the rest. Got my invitation last week.

we are diamond plus and cruised the Oasis a few months ago, was a last minute cruise and we did not have tickets to any show, just waited until they opened up about ten minutes before the show, never had a problem with getting in to any show or getting a seat, now if you want the first row you may have a problem, but in my opinion, all seats are good.

Hi:

We're D+ now, but when we sailed on the Independence of the Seas on a 14 night Italian Med. Cruise, they had an ice show for everyone; and then they had an ice show that was a different show just for the Diamonds. I remember when we walked in, they were handing everyone champagne and my DH said no; then I kind of elbowed him, as I like Champagne and he got one and I drank that one too. The two shows were entirely different and the 2nd one was just for Diamond and D+.

Happy Cruising.....Sparkle 10 (Anita)

PS That was about 3 years ago; I haven't experienced that again and I thought maybe it was just because we were in Europe:rolleyes: and that's why they did it; but like I said, we've cruised quite a few times since then and I've not seen a special ice show for Diamonds since then.

Seatravelers

For Chef's Table...email specialtydiningreservations@rccl.com. You will need to tell them how many in your party and give them a choice of 3 dates. (Or so I have read on another thread.) (And obviously your sail date, booking number, etc.)

I also have never heard of a special ice show for D/D+ but we don't usually sail ships with ice rinks. There was not a special show on the OA inaugural.

I booked entertainment ahead of time and plan on doing it this time when bookings open up for our sailing. I have already booked the specialty restaurants. We did get the concierge to make a change to a specialty dining reservation for us last year on OA. We had booked one night but then discovered that was Mr. Ski's favorite menu in the MDR so we asked the concierge to change our 150 CP reservation. We never had lunch in the Concierge Lounge but the breakfast was fabulous!!!! Both Reyno and the other Concierge were overwhelmed when we were there in Dec so we were glad that we did not really need to speak with them or make requests while we were there. We pretty much just dealt with the waitstaff for food and drinks. You can book most things from your tv in your stateroom also. Love the "planner" on the tv that shows what your "calendar" is....indicates what you have booked for when, etc.

Archived