Final payment due....how many days ahead?

krewzin

We're booked on the Eurodam Thanksgiving cruise, departing FLL Nov 20th. Just noticed our final payment is due Aug 27th, which is ....85 days ahead of departure.

I thought holiday sailing payments were due 90 days ahead of time?:confused:

We're booked on the Eurodam Thanksgiving cruise, departing FLL Nov 20th. Just noticed our final payment is due Aug 27th, which is ....85 days ahead of departure.

I thought holiday sailing payments were due 90 days ahead of time?:confused:

We cruise on 28 November and our due date was 14 September. Meds have taken effect and I cannot do the calculations...

Joanie

Joanie

Are you upset that they aren't making you part with your money 5 days sooner? lol

Nah, but I'm concerned that if it were somehow an error (booked thru a TA) that we could lose our cabin if this is a mistake and it was actually due 5 days sooner.

:) I believe that it is normally 75 days before sailing

Yes....but holiday sailings are 90 (at least that's how I remember it), so I found it odd that when I actually did the calculation (I was bored today:D) it was 85 days out.

Nah, but I'm concerned that if it were somehow an error (booked thru a TA) that we could lose our cabin if this is a mistake and it was actually due 5 days sooner.
No law says you can't pay at 90 ... or more! :)

Nah, but I'm concerned that if it were somehow an error (booked thru a TA) that we could lose our cabin if this is a mistake and it was actually due 5 days sooner.Very often T/A's set up a due date that is a week or so earlier than HAL's final payment deadline . When I used a T/A, she provided me the Guest Copy of HAL's confirmation, and that showed the true deadline, even tho her agency invoice showed earlier. I always advised her I would pay by the date HAL expected the monies, and that was acceptable to her agency.

Yes....but holiday sailings are 90 (at least that's how I remember it), so I found it odd that when I actually did the calculation (I was bored today:D) it was 85 days out.HAL considers their holiday sailings to be Christmas and New Years ... since Thanksgiving is not a universal/worldwide celebration, I do not believe sailings over that week fall into the holiday sailings category.

My observations, in red, above.

Archived