Ava_Girls PRIDE August 15th-22nd Review!!!

ava_girl_123

Hey Gail,

It was great meeting you at the port. I'm sorry, I missed the slot pull, Milton said you all had a ball!!! I am really enjoying your review. I agree with you about the short time in ports on this cruise. I really loved sailing from B-more but I don't think I would do it again because of this.

Anyway I am enjoying the cruise all over again via your review.

Hey Gail,

It was great meeting you at the port. I'm sorry, I missed the slot pull, Milton said you all had a ball!!! I am really enjoying your review. I agree with you about the short time in ports on this cruise. I really loved sailing from B-more but I don't think I would do it again because of this.

Anyway I am enjoying the cruise all over again via your review.

Hey Michelle! I am so happy we met at the Port. I missed the meet and greet the first day and you missed the slot pull the next! Next time around right? :)

Great review! It sure looks fun. I think just have a few days to laugh and relax is great.

:D

Absolutely!

I, too, am a little concerned with the short times (and early arrivals) in the 2 ports. I know that chances are slim my 20 yr old will see any of those 2 ports. This is exactly why I haven't scheduled any excursions. We are just planning on enjoy the beaches and/or the ship.

It has been 5 years since we cruised, and that was on a Disney ship. While I love Disney, I also love the idea of being able to drive to the port.

I guess time will tell.

I, too, am a little concerned with the short times (and early arrivals) in the 2 ports. I know that chances are slim my 20 yr old will see any of those 2 ports. This is exactly why I haven't scheduled any excursions. We are just planning on enjoy the beaches and/or the ship.

It has been 5 years since we cruised, and that was on a Disney ship. While I love Disney, I also love the idea of being able to drive to the port.

I guess time will tell.

Exactly what we did. My DH did however do a short excursion on HMC... Wave runner for an hour..

Hands down this is one of the best reviews I read since I been on CC.

Thanks! :D

Ok, so day two was a full day at sea. What an amazing feeling to wake up to the rising sun on a beautiful ship. Every morning we had coffee on the balcony and relaxed before we started our day.. The water was getting more and more blue as well reminding us just how close we were getting to paradise.. I tried each and every morning to realize just how lucky we were to be in the beautiful ocean, on a beautiful ship, with great friends with us. I felt truely blessed each and every day. I smelled the ocean air, took in the scenery, listened to the ocean around me and just C-H-I-L-L-E-D.. It is a werid feeling though. Although you are on a ship with thousands of people around you, you can still manage to feel peaceful in the mist of it all while out in the ocean.. Anyone feel like that while cruising? Well we did, and it was great..

We spent the day lounging around the Lido deck pools. Played some bingo and relaxed. Have to tell this story as it was way to funny not to.. I am jumping ahead here a little. Day two we played bingo and my husband came within one number away from winning. Now, I have to explain that he didn't want to play in the first place. He thinks bingo is for "old people".. Lol.. Now like I said he came within one number of winning I believe it was $1000.. So, the next day, day 3 he wanted to play again. I mean this man was like "What time is bingo?" "Hey, are we playing bingo today?" Earlier in the day the second time we went to play bingo a grasshopper landed on our table while on the Lido deck. It was freaking huge! He went to shoosh it off and I stopped him. I went into this whole "Grasshoppers are goodluck" thing and that he was going to win bingo that afternoon..I mean, if my husband turned right, the grasshopper turned right, if he turned left, the grasshopper turned left. There was a little water on the table, the grasshopper sat there and drank the water too, weird, but it liked my husband.. Lol.. (awwww, little grasshopper) We all just kept telling him to shake off the other days loss and this was going to be his winning bingo day..

So, we go to bingo and my girlfriend Michelle comes in late as her and her DH were napping. Well, my DH lets her cut infront of him.. Are you getting where this is leading? Yep, she won! $350 bucks to be exact.. I was hysterical laughing I was crying! It was so funny..That was going to be his bingo card had he not let her cut infront of him!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! My DH is the type of man that thinks a black cloud follows him. That he has no luck.. Violin playing in the background type guy.. Awesome dude but I think he has bad karma around him sometimes as he always thinks the "Glass is half full".. so this was just toooo funny when it happened that way.. We all kept telling him he gave away the grasshoppers luck.. Needless to say, our friends bought us a good bit of drinks that evening with their new ritches..$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Tonight was the first elegant evening.. I liked the dresses I bought, but while on the ship I seen another dress I liked better so we purchased that for the second elegant evening that was for Friday night.

Some random pictures of day two more to come once Photo Bucket gets off it's high horse and downloads my pics!!

Pridecruise059.jpg

Pridecruise060.jpg

Pridecruise025.jpg

Pridecruise024.jpg

Pridecruise021.jpg

How funny.. What an odd couple. They have alot in common at least. What was that? The FAQ thing? Was that where they answered anything about life on the ship?

Yeah they would answer almost everything. The only thing that they would not talk about was money and how much they made and how much the ship and the company makes. I was not going to go but it was fun. Yeah they do, he is 40 and she is 25

Gail,

I'm sorry you won't be joining Pirates next year. I am glad you had a good time and I'm really enjoying your review. I got 13 more days til I go.

I do have a question for you. How much did Bon Voyage charge you for the Captain Morgan?

I'm trying to spend money from a gift card from work. They used to let us pull the money off the card at an ATM. They stopped that and now we have to use the card to buy stuff. I already bought the Bar coupons for DH but still have a bit more on the card.

Thank you

Gail,

Love your review! I wish we would have met prior to the last day in the Deck 7 hallway. Conrad was our steward too - he was so great!! I experienced the slide the same way you did - felt like someone sprayed a salt water hose up my nose at the end of the slide!!

Looking forward to the rest of your review...

Dawna

Gail,

I'm sorry you won't be joining Pirates next year. I am glad you had a good time and I'm really enjoying your review. I got 13 more days til I go.

I do have a question for you. How much did Bon Voyage charge you for the Captain Morgan?

I'm trying to spend money from a gift card from work. They used to let us pull the money off the card at an ATM. They stopped that and now we have to use the card to buy stuff. I already bought the Bar coupons for DH but still have a bit more on the card.

Thank you

It was $58.50 here in PA. I think it has to do with where you live and the taxes..

No pictures of you two on elegant/formal/a-little-dressier-than-usual night?

Yep, I will post those soon....;)

Gail,

Love your review! I wish we would have met prior to the last day in the Deck 7 hallway. Conrad was our steward too - he was so great!! I experienced the slide the same way you did - felt like someone sprayed a salt water hose up my nose at the end of the slide!!

Looking forward to the rest of your review...

Dawna

Hoe funny was that Dawna.. Catching me on the way out the last day.. Next time around! :)

Archived