1/4 oz Gin

1/4 oz White Rum

1/4 oz Scotch

1/4 oz Bourbon

1/4 oz Tequila

1/4 Triple Sec

1/4 oz Brandy

Top it off with Pineapple and Orange Juice

Add a splash of Grenadine and let the games begin!

Oh No...:eek:The only liquor I actually can drink is Vodka, Rum, Brandy, Amaretto, Kahlua...Really enjoy Mudslides & Bailey's Irish Cream..All the other liquors taste awful to me especially scotch & bourbon...Yuk..:eek:

But this mixology sounds like the Goombay Smashes we made in the Bahamas with several boats from our Sailing club..Each boat contributed a different kind of Rum, juice etc..We mixed them all up in a big pot & had a wonderful party..One very staid Gentleman in our group threatened to take his dinghy & go under a Cat. at anchor.. LOL.. Other's in the anchorage wanted to join the Party boats..:D And we were all old timers..

With that I'll say goodnight everyone..

Cheers..:)Betty

Great reviews. Thank you very much.

I saw it mentioned that the Master Chef Dinner wasn't done on this cruise. Does anyone remember what the menu was for that night? I believe it would be Saturday night.

Trying to figure what day to try the Canaletto. Someone said Wednesday's menu wasn't that great.

Anything that anyone remembers would be a great help. Thanks again.

Great reviews. Thank you very much.

I saw it mentioned that the Master Chef Dinner wasn't done on this cruise. Does anyone remember what the menu was for that night? I believe it would be Saturday night.

Trying to figure what day to try the Canaletto. Someone said Wednesday's menu wasn't that great.

Anything that anyone remembers would be a great help. Thanks again.

Sorry don't remember the Sat. Night menu..Only remember the surf & turf on the last Formal night.. Believe I had salmon on Sat., but don't remember what DH ordered..

BTW..Forgot to mention that we had a Port Tax Increase of $15.89 per person...It was added to our on-board account..

Cheers....:) Betty

Sorry don't remember the Sat. Night menu..Only remember the surf & turf on the last Formal night.. Believe I had salmon on Sat., but don't remember what DH ordered..

BTW..Forgot to mention that we had a Port Tax Increase of $15.89 per person...It was added to our on-board account..

I think I have read every comment and review of this cruise, and no one has mentioned getting a port tax increase added to their bill.

Did anyone else have this on their bill?

I think I have read every comment and review of this cruise, and no one has mentioned getting a port tax increase added to their bill.

I'm also wondering about that...No one else mentioned it on the ship.. And like you, I find it strange that no one else has mentioned it on CC.. We left Fla early to spend time in NYC with family.. It's quite possible our TA received the increase after we left & may not have wanted to charge it to our CC without consulting us first..

However we received a letter in our cabin dated Aug 15, stating:

"On board ms Veendam

Aug 15, 2010

New York City-NYC"

<Snip>

" To ensure that you only pay the proper amount of taxes applicable to your cruise, Holland America Line reviews the actual taxes assessed by governmental and quasi- governmental authorities relative to the amount guests previously paid.The difference is either collected or refunded as appropriate. Due to revisions in the port taxes for this voyage, the taxes applicable to your cruise have increased slightly from the amount you paid. Consequently a charge of $15.89 per person will automatically appear on your onboard account.We regret any inconvenience this may cause"

<Snip>

The letter was signed by:

Captain Henrik Krombeen,

Master ms Veendam

It was posted to our account on 8/17/10 as "Port Tax Collected-Bermuda Port Tax Adjustment"

Cheers.....:)Betty

Apparently those who had booked earlier got the notice in their cabins & those who booked late, paid it in their final payment..

One of our posters is a TA who answers me in post No. 34 in this thread :

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1259742&page=2

Apparently those who had booked earlier got the notice in their cabins & those who booked late, paid it in their final payment..

One of our posters is a TA who answers me in post No. 34 in this thread :

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1259742&page=2

As far as I can tell the fees are still $97.94 which is what we paid.

Like you said, it's not a big deal. I was only surprised that you were the only one who mentioned it.

Thanks for getting back to me on this. Appreciate it.

Anyone have more info on Church Bay?

What facilities are there? Changing room? Restroom?

Do they rent motorized water toys? Really prefer quiet beaches.

Is the water shallow for a while before getting deep? Is the snorkeling easy enough for a beginner/weak swimmer?

Any info appreciated.... Plus I will check the Bermuda port board too but did not see much last time there.

Thanks.

We had to pay the same port tax increase.

As far as only other "surprise" charge I can remember... the first day out of NYC we have to pay NYC sales tax on bar drinks! 8.875% ... :mad:

The nights are already starting to blur together; I think Sat I had duck and my wife had shrimp. I do remember the last night they served the baked alaska (with the "parade").

Yes, the Port tax increase was an unpleasent surprise!:mad:

Archived