Exercise equipment on the Emerald?

NthernLgts

Hi--we're just off a 2-week stint in the Caribbean on the Emerald and loved it. We're gym rats and were in the fitness center every day. I'm a runner so I was strictly on the treadmill. My wife used an elliptical and also took spin classes (she's a spin instructor). They have a wide variety of dumbbell weights in two different locations in the center plus weight benches and pull-down machines. Barbells too, as far as I remember. The dumbbells went up to 50 lbs. as far as I remember. I didn't use anything much except the treadmill so I can't remember much more, but I do think there was a pretty wide variety of equipment. Hope this helps. Oh yeah, and they had very heavy barbell weights because I now remember seeing guys huffing and puffing lying on a bench lifting huge weights. I'm pretty sure there was a pull-up bar as well--I think I remember seeing someone doing pull-ups. It's a fully equipped gym with at least two fitness instructors--Gyorgy and another guy whose name I can't remember from New Zealand.

Archived