I hate this feeling....

bleuiz

On our first cruise my Husband and I both felt it, lasted about 3 days. Before our second cruise I started a week before taking Ginger Pills. My husband didn't. As soon as we hit the first Port my husband felt it again and I didn't. So for our third cruise which is coming up i bought more Ginger Pills and I will see if they work again. So hopefully that herbal stuff will do it again.

I suffer from vertigo--caused by crystals in my inner ear fluid. My first attack scared the bejeezus out of me and caused me to spend a Thanksgiving Day in the Emergency Room a few years ago. The worst part was hearing that it is one of those "age" things...

I usually don't have any problem on the Ship--I take a meclazine (not dramamine) tablet the first day or so "just in case", but I'm usually just fine. I always have a week or so after the cruise, however, when the vertigo and the sense of motion hit pretty hard. Luckily the Bonine (meclazine) works for me and doesn't make me drowsy.

There are also a series of exercises that might help, and I have one friend who swears by them. If you do a google search on "benign positional vertigo exercises" you should find something that might help.

Once you find what works for you, it really isn't a problem anymore. It's just that period while you are still experimenting that is so unsettling.

I suffer from vertigo--caused by crystals in my inner ear fluid. My first attack scared the bejeezus out of me and caused me to spend a Thanksgiving Day in the Emergency Room a few years ago. The worst part was hearing that it is one of those "age" things...

I usually don't have any problem on the Ship--I take a meclazine (not dramamine) tablet the first day or so "just in case", but I'm usually just fine. I always have a week or so after the cruise, however, when the vertigo and the sense of motion hit pretty hard. Luckily the Bonine (meclazine) works for me and doesn't make me drowsy.

There are also a series of exercises that might help, and I have one friend who swears by them. If you do a google search on "benign positional vertigo exercises" you should find something that might help.

Once you find what works for you, it really isn't a problem anymore. It's just that period while you are still experimenting that is so unsettling.

Thanks for the info Michael! I tried the home exercises. I'm on day 6 of feeling like this and it is not enjoyable as others have mentioned. The motion feeling is one thing but the foggy head is what really bothers me.

Sitting on the toilet is when it's the worst for me!

I hate the feeling!

:D to funny , this cracked me up!

Our last cruise this lasted about 3 days for us! Had a hard time with it as we had to drive back to Canada and I kept getting car sick on the way home!:o

The biggest joke when my husband and I get home from a cruise (we've been on 9) is how long I'll say, "the ship is still moving." :)

It's always worse when the seas are rough (we've sailed right after hurricanes) and since I was diagnosed with Meniere's Disease (inner ear).

I know it'll eventually go away and I just "roll with" it, so to speak. ;)

I never experienced motion sickness while on the ship. On the fascination we actually had some rough seas going home and I loved it. Everyone around me was getting ill. I had never known that you would feel like the world was moving when you got off the ship. After the first cruise I was in the airport and everything started moving. I didn't understand what was going on and I couldn't believe it. I have to hold on when I'm in the shower.

I spent all kinds of time on these boards before my first cruise and some how missed the topic.

Archived