Booking after final payment is due

bhealy

I am hoping for some advice from people who book their cruises after the final payment is due. I am looking at a cruise on the Spendour, 11/6 out of Venice. The final payment due date is today for people who booked 8/1 or later and 8/28 for earlier bookers. The ship has a lot of available cabins in every category. Today guarantees opened up for all levels. The balcony guarantee is about $300 less pp and the suite guarantee is $100 less pp. We would like a Jr. suite, but we could also do a balcony. Should we wait and see if the cruise shows up on a Tuesday sale or take advantage of the balcony guaranty? I know it is a gamble either way.

I am hoping for some advice from people who book their cruises after the final payment is due. I am looking at a cruise on the Spendour, 11/6 out of Venice. The final payment due date is today for people who booked 8/1 or later and 8/28 for earlier bookers. The ship has a lot of available cabins in every category. Today guarantees opened up for all levels. The balcony guarantee is about $300 less pp and the suite guarantee is $100 less pp. We would like a Jr. suite, but we could also do a balcony. Should we wait and see if the cruise shows up on a Tuesday sale or take advantage of the balcony guaranty? I know it is a gamble either way.

It's a gamble, it's not on tomorrows sale, to early, but there are a couple on September Splendour sailings on there, I think it will depend on how the gty sales go, if the put it on a future tuesday sale or not

Usually you will see one or two categories on guarantee. Hardly ever see all categories on guarantee. That ship must be empty. I don't think people (here anyway) are lining up to go out of Venice in November.

I agree. I guess it will depend on what kind of sales they offer in Europe. I have the flights booked using FF miles so we can cancel if something happens.

I just looked at the prices for the Sept, Oct, and Nov. sailings. November is already really cheap. Not sure how much cheaper it would get but if the ship is empty who knows. It also seems like the suites on the earlier cruises are more sold out. So maybe I would book now if it's in your price range and get the cabin you want. JS is $1200 guarantee for Nov 6 and it's $1800 no guarantee on Oct 23.

Maybe they will have some sales on Labor Day weekend if you want to wait another week.

I am thinking I will at least wait until the Tuesday sale for next week is posted.

I think the balcony is a good deal, but not the Jr. suites. I am wondering how low they will go if they can't fill the ship.

• 2 weeks later...

The cruise is now listed for the Labor Day Sale that is taking the place of next weeks Tuesday's sale. The prices listed are $50 or less than the guarantees already offered. Should I assume the prices listed are as low as they will go?

The sale has an Oasis balcony for $999. Is that a good price?

Thanks,

The cruise is now listed for the Labor Day Sale that is taking the place of next weeks Tuesday's sale. The prices listed are $50 or less than the guarantees already offered. Should I assume the prices listed are as low as they will go?

The sale has an Oasis balcony for $999. Is that a good price?

Thanks,

The summer balcony prices I have seen are in the $1800pp ballpark, so it looks good to me.

Archived