Labatt's Beer

Does anyone know of a dining establishment in downtown Vancouver that serves Labatt's Beer? We will be in Vancouver next May and would like to surprise DH with a "cold one." We used to be able to find it in our local grocery stores but can't find it any longer.

Thanks for the info. We were unsuccessful in finding Labatt's last year while we were in Vancouver --- now that we know it is there --- we will find it.

DH also agrees that Labatts is much better than a Bud.

What? I'm actually shocked. Where did you go? I would think most every bar or restaurant would serve it. Hmm.

I'm trying to remember the name of the place --- was it Steamers? a place right near the steam clock. We asked and were told by the server that they didn't have it. Maybe they were just out that day. In any event, we will try again next year --- we will be in Vancouver pre and post cruise so we have two chances.

I could see Steamworks not having it as they are a brew-pub and would want to sell their own product. Labatts' phone number is 1-800-268-BEER, if you gave them a call they could likely tell in which downtown restaurants and pubs their product is available.

I could see Steamworks not having it as they are a brew-pub and would want to sell their own product. Labatts' phone number is 1-800-268-BEER, if you gave them a call they could likely tell in which downtown restaurants and pubs their product is available.

Just our luck that we would pick the place that wouldn't have Labatt's. Thanks for the suggestion, appreciate it.

Thanks for the info. We were unsuccessful in finding Labatt's last year while we were in Vancouver --- now that we know it is there --- we will find it.

DH also agrees that Labatts is much better than a Bud.

Steamworks might not be the best place to find one, but make sure to ask for a "Blue" and most pubs, restaurants, and hotel bars will have one.

Viv

Steamworks might not be the best place to find one, but make sure to ask for a "Blue" and most pubs, restaurants, and hotel bars will have one.

Viv

Thanks for the hint, will definitely make a note to ask for a "Blue."

While I am more of a Molson drinker than Labatt`s I do notice that Kokanee which is brewed by Labatt`s appears to be much more available in the bars and restaurants than `Blue`.

Are you talking draft beer or bottle - that might also explain why it wasn`t available.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Dennis

BCScot - the OP asked about Labatt`s so we are trying to answer that question - you won`t get an agruement from me about the great craft beers that are available locally.

Just trying to help a fellow CCèrs inquiry.

Cheers

Dennis

BCScot - the OP asked about Labatt`s so we are trying to answer that question - you won`t get an agruement from me about the great craft beers that are available locally.

Just trying to help a fellow CCèrs inquiry.

Cheers

Dennis

Labatt's it is then! ;)

Graham.

Are you talking draft beer or bottle - that might also explain why it wasn`t available.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Dennis

When we went to lunch we just looked on the menu to see if Labatt's was listed and then when we asked we were told there wasn't any.

• 2 weeks later...

Bringing this back to the top - I am beginning to think that Labatt`s Blue isn`t that popular and Vancouver anymore - they closed the local plant here a few years ago - I say this because I was in my regular government liquor store yesterday picking up my weekend medicine and I didn`t see any Labatt`s Blue on the shelves - while it isn`t a big superstore you would think that they would sell a brand that is either first or second in sales in Canada - the other being Molson Canadian - Kokanee Beer which is brewed by Labatt`s is extremely popular here - they have really zany commericals so I suspect that they are marketing it rather than Blue - if I am in some of the larger stores I checked and see if it is available - I must admit that while I don`t pay a lot of attention to the beer commericals on TV I don`t recall seeing many Blue ones but lot`s of Kokanee and Bud ones.

Cheers

Dennis

Bringing this back to the top - I am beginning to think that Labatt`s Blue isn`t that popular and Vancouver anymore - they closed the local plant here a few years ago - I say this because I was in my regular government liquor store yesterday picking up my weekend medicine and I didn`t see any Labatt`s Blue on the shelves - while it isn`t a big superstore you would think that they would sell a brand that is either first or second in sales in Canada - the other being Molson Canadian - Kokanee Beer which is brewed by Labatt`s is extremely popular here - they have really zany commericals so I suspect that they are marketing it rather than Blue - if I am in some of the larger stores I checked and see if it is available - I must admit that while I don`t pay a lot of attention to the beer commericals on TV I don`t recall seeing many Blue ones but lot`s of Kokanee and Bud ones.

Cheers

Dennis

What, no blues? Very good, just keep taking the medicine Dennis! ;)

Archived