Transportation To The Glacier In Juneau

katscruise

I read somewhere they only take you to within 2 miles of the glacier center, then you have to walk the 2 miles. Whats the scoop on which transportation does this and which will go to the glacier visitors center? Thanks

I read somewhere they only take you to within 2 miles of the glacier center, then you have to walk the 2 miles. Whats the scoop on which transportation does this and which will go to the glacier visitors center? Thanks
I think that this refers to the city buses? The shuttle buses that BQ refers to will take you right up to the visitor center and pick up for the return in a parking lot that is very near also.

There will be shuttle buses to Mendenhall glacier from the cruise dock. Booths will be set up, just purchase a ticket for the next available bus, there are at least 2 companies? $10 round trip. pp

Thanks for the info! We'll be on Cap't Larry's and I understand he will leave us off at Mendenhall glacier after whale watching. Can you purchase a 1 way at the glacier back to the ship or should we purchase before leaving the dock?

Thanks!

Archived