Princess Secrets they Don't Tell You

philsfun

The saunas (not to be confused with the thermal spa that is a sort of steam room for which there is a charge) are free. On some ships they are 'outside', in front of the terrace pool (below the Sanctuary), and on others they are inside the spa. Just what our dry, northern skin ordered!

I meant to say steam rooms instead of saunas. There's no rocks to throw water on.

Can someone refresh the info regarding Cocktail hour for platinium and elite passengers? Time?

I think it is 5-6 for early seating and 6-7 for late seating, but of course you can go anytime you want.

We enjoy vegging out at night watching TV. However the shows and times are hit and miss. We now bring cords to connect our laptop to the back of the TV and watch our own DVD movies and episodes of old TV shows when we want. I'm sure someone has passed our room, heard to theme song from Mary Tyler Moore show and wondered why they could not find it in the listings.:p

A lot more comfortable than watching those shows on the laptop.

The best hint I would suggest is to be sure to go see the Shopping expert little show. It really paid off for us. There are all kinds of free items that you can get from the jewelry stores on shore some require a purchase but many do not. Also if you go to Diamond International be sure to ask for all kinds of free stuff you just may get it, especially with a purchase!

The best hint I would suggest is to be sure to go see the Shopping expert little show. It really paid off for us. There are all kinds of free items that you can get from the jewelry stores on shore some require a purchase but many do not. Also if you go to Diamond International be sure to ask for all kinds of free stuff you just may get it, especially with a purchase!

It's not a princess secret but you should read this about Diamond International. I thought it was pretty interesting http://trumpettravels.blogspot.com/2011_01_09_archive.html

Don't know if this is a secret or not. We were on the Royal Princess April 2010. We had an Aft cabin (won't do that again). The safe is IN the room, not in a closet. Well, with the vibration of the ship the safe door would vibrate. We tried duct tape (yep, we bring it along too) that didn't work. We wedged the TV guide (it's under the tv) in the gap of the top of the safe door. That worked!!

What cabin were you in?

We'll be on the Royal very soon in 7116 so I hope it wasn't that one! :D

And why won't you do an aft cabin again? They are our favorite!

What cabin were you in?

We'll be on the Royal very soon in 7116 so I hope it wasn't that one! :D

And why won't you do an aft cabin again? They are our favorite!

I can't remember the cabin #, but it was the lowest aft deck - right above the "I" or "N" in Princess. There was a full suite next to us.

The cabin we had vibrated VERY BADLY, was very loud (from the engines).

Have you been on a small ship before?

Regarding the Chef's Table: We did it on the Grand in 2009. When we met with the Head Chef, we told him that we do not drink champagne/wine (which was served) and we do not eat seafood. He accomodated us very nicely. We drank Sprite and instead of getting a seafood appetizer we got Cantelope wrapped in Prochottio (sp?) ham. It was GREAT!! They did knock $10 off each of our dinners. Also, when they served the main course it was Veal Shanks. I do not like Veal. The chef felt bad and asked if there was anything else I would want. I just said chicken. I didn't specify how, just "chicken". Less than 10 minutes later, I had this great chicken dish. It was VERY good.

So, even if you don't like the main entree, you can ask for something else.

I can't remember the cabin #, but it was the lowest aft deck - right above the "I" or "N" in Princess. There was a full suite next to us.

The cabin we had vibrated VERY BADLY, was very loud (from the engines).

Have you been on a small ship before?

The lowest deck with suites is deck 6.

Hopefully 7 won't vibrate as much!

We were on the Tahitian Princess 6 years ago and loved it. But then again - that one (and this one) are cruises to Tahiti so who wouldn't love it! ;)

I there a way to know what is going to be served at the Captains table. I can't imagine going to it and asking for a lot of substitutions. I would love trying new things. I would think it part of the "dining" experience.

I don't know about the bigger ships, but the small ships have ice cream at the buffet from 3:30 to 4:30 each afternoon

Also the libraries are great.

I agree, but try to get there the first day or so before it has been picked over!

I don't know about the bigger ships, but the small ships have ice cream at the buffet from 3:30 to 4:30 each afternoon

Also the libraries are great.

I agree, but try to get there the first day or so before it is picked over.

Our best tip:

One of the dining rooms will be open for lunch on embarkation day although you are usually directed to the buffet. We think the dining room is a better experience and starts the cruse off perfectly.

I completely agree - no running around trying to find a table and the food is great. I think the hours may be limited so you might want to go there right when you board.

I completely agree - no running around trying to find a table and the food is great. I think the hours may be limited so you might want to go there right when you board.

On the ships I've had embarkation-day lunches on, the dining room closed at 1:30.

I don't know about an Aft on a larger ship. On our last cruise (on the Sapphire) we had an inside cabin ALL the way to the front (3 cabins behind the bridge). No problems. I actually liked it. No noise, no vibrating, no rocking. We were on the same deck as the Horizon Court - just at the opposite end. Worked out great in the morning when I would get our coffee/tea. ;)

What does everyone think of an aft VS on diamond princess. It is right above one of the clubs. Noise, vibrating? I am chosing between this and one at the VERY front of the ship.

Diane

Thanks

We try to keep this thread on subject; meaning "Secrets........"

Questions should be asked on the main board.:)

Archived