Weird airfare question....

patterson3

A passenger in a lounge is a typically a checked-in passenger, but I imagine one who does throw-away ticketing would not generally check in for the return trip.
That's true.

The discussion, though, was in the context of someone who's booked to fly BOS-MIA-SJU but only intends to fly BOS-MIA. That person would be checked-in for BOS-MIA and MIA-SJU, so when they no-showed for MIA-SJU they would be a checked-in passenger no-showing. And so all those things could happen, including being looked for in the lounge if the passenger is recorded as having entered it.

That's true.

The discussion, though, was in the context of someone who's booked to fly BOS-MIA-SJU but only intends to fly BOS-MIA. That person would be checked-in for BOS-MIA and MIA-SJU, so when they no-showed for MIA-SJU they would be a checked-in passenger no-showing. And so all those things could happen, including being looked for in the lounge if the passenger is recorded as having entered it.

My bad.....I confused this with the other thread, the one about round trip throwaways. Happens sometimes when browsing with an iPhone.

I guess in this scenario it would be best to call ahead and say you won't be making it.....but I must say I've never been lucky enough to have a flight wait for me when I've been held up with a delayed connection, even when there were several unrelated passengers in the same situation and the airline was at fault. We were put up in a hotel at JFK and the first flight the next day.

Archived