Epic Penthouse Suite 10326 and attached BA 10324 - pics and videos (as well as Posh)

Zimomiller

I have uploaded photo and video tours of our cabins on the Epic from our cruise the week of 8/14-21. (See the link to our webshots gallery in my signature below)

We had an aft Penthouse Suite 10326 and the attached BA 10324 standard balcony cabin.

These cabins worked well for our family of 5, but I did find the BA difficult to navigate with other people and clutter in the room. The bathrooms and sinks were non issues.

Our other Epic photo galleries from the cruise include a photo tour of POSH, the Courtyard and other hidden gems for the Suite and Villa passengers.

I am still working on a review, but would gladly answer any questions that I can.

Zimomiller

What a fantastic picture and video show of the Epic. Your videos kept my interest for a long time. Great job!!!

I loved the pictures showing the Garden Cafe. It over looks the front of the ship and the view is quite something that NCL has not had in any other Garden Cafe before. I also loved the view from the Epic Club as you almost looked down towards the Disney ship. Amazing! You did a great job with the tours. I also loved the way you opened up all the cabinets in the Penthouse to show all the storage. Bravo!

Here are my questions.

What colors were you able to change the lighting in the penthouse?

What was your favorite part of the ship and why?

What did you like about the penthouse? What did you dislike about it?

I am also in a penthouse. I love the look but realize it is the smallest penthouse of any NCL ship. It also is the only suite on Epic to not have a separate tub and shower. It is also the only only suite in the Villa area that does not have any windows in the bathroom. In that regard, it does not give the most bang for the buck for suites.

Love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks again for sharing so much!

See my responses in caps below.

Zimomiller

What a fantastic picture and video show of the Epic. Your videos kept my interest for a long time. Great job!!!

THANKS, MY FAMILY THOUGHT I WAS NUTS DOIN IT. I DID IT FIRST THING BEFORE THE BAGS ARRIVED SO IT WOULD BE UNCLUTTERED.

I loved the pictures showing the Garden Cafe. It over looks the front of the ship and the view is quite something that NCL has not had in any other Garden Cafe before.

THE GARDEN CAFE WAS ACTUALLY FAIRLY NICE AND LAID OUT WELL. THE VIEW OUT THE FRONT WAS TERRIFIC.

I also loved the view from the Epic Club as you almost looked down towards the Disney ship.

YAH, WE WERE ACTUALLY LOOKING DOWN AT HER TOP DECKS.

Amazing! You did a great job with the tours. I also loved the way you opened up all the cabinets in the Penthouse to show all the storage. Bravo!

I SAW LOTS OF QUESTIONS ABOUT STORAGE SO I WANTED TO BE SURE I DID THAT, GLAD YOU LIKED IT. VIDEO DOES NOT DO JUSTICE TO THE EPIC CLUB AND COURTYARD.

Here are my questions.

What colors were you able to change the lighting in the penthouse?

REALLY NO COLOR CONTROL, JUST DIFFERENT SETTINGS FOR THE TIME OF DAY AND MOOD YOU WANTED. (PRESETS)

What was your favorite part of the ship and why?

HANDS DOWN IT WAS POSH AND THE COURTYARD POOL AREAS. THEY ARE BARELY USED AND IT WAS LIKE WE HAD OUR OWN PRIVATE SUNDECK AND POOL. THERE WERE SO MANY TIMES THAT THE ONLY PEOPLE THERE WERE MY FAMILY.

THE EPIC CLUB WAS FABULOUS AS WELL AS THE COURTYARD GRILL. (DO NOT MISS THE SESAME SEED ENCRUSTED SEARED AHI TUNA SANDWICHES!!)

WE ATE DINNERS IN CAGNEY'S, MODERNO, LA CUCINA, TEPPENYAKI, LE BISTRO, CIRQUE DREAMS AND THE EPIC CLUB. ALL WERE PRETTY GOOD BUT THE BEST WAS THE EPIC CLUB. THE FOOD AND SERVICE WERE OVER THE TOP. NEXT BEST WAS LE BISTRO, AND THE DINNER AT TEPPENYAKI WAS CRAZY AS THE CHEF BROUGHT OUT 5 EXTRA LOBSTER TAILS THAT WE HAD TO DISPOSE OF PROPERLY.

What did you like about the penthouse?

THE BED WAS ACTUALLY LARGE ENOUGH FOR MY 6 FOOT 4 INCH FRAME.

THE LOCATION AFT.

THE DVD PLAYER, REMEMBER TO BRING LOTS OF DVDS.

THE BUTLER, ALTHOUGH WE NEVER UTILIZED HIM AS WE SPENT ALL OUR TIME UP IN POSH OR THE COURTYARD

What did you dislike about it?

(ALL VERY MINOR DISLIKES)

1) THERE ARE 2 READING LIGHTS ON FLEXIBLE ARMS BY THE BED AND 2 FLOOR LIGHTS THAT HAVE BRIGHT BLUE BACKLIT CONTROL BUTTONS. THE CONTROL BUTTONS WERE TOO BRIGHT AND ANNOYING.

2) THE LIGHT IN THE BATHROOM IS SENSORED AND THE SLIGHTEST MOTION SETS IT OFF. IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT THAT WAS QUITE ANNOYING AS IT WOULD FLASH ON AND OFF. (EASY FIX, PUT A BAND AID OVER THREE QUARTERS OF THE LENS AND IT JUST PICKS UP THE MOTION AS YOU ENTER)

3) A/C WAS WEAK AT BEST. BUT THAT KEPT ME FROM FREEZING OUT MY SPOUSE AND HAVING A BIG FIGHT OVER THE THERMOSTAT SETTINGS....

I am also in a penthouse. I love the look but realize it is the smallest penthouse of any NCL ship. It also is the only suite on Epic to not have a separate tub and shower. It is also the only only suite in the Villa area that does not have any windows in the bathroom. In that regard, it does not give the most bang for the buck for suites.

AGREE WITH ALL YOUR THOUGHTS. BUT WHEN WE BOOKED, THE AFT PENTHOUSE SUITES WERE PRICED WAY LOW AND WE GOT A REMARKABLE DEAL WITH ALL THE SUITE AND VILLA BENEFITS. NOT SURE WHY THE WINDOW IN A SHOWER WOULD BE THAT BIG OF A DEAL. WITH THE ATTACHED BA WE HAD A SHOWER FOR THE BOYS AND A TUB/SHOWER FOR THE GIRLS AND 2 BATHROOMS.

Love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks again for sharing so much!

Annoying blue lights are an easy fix. We used the shirts we wore that day and wrapped them around the base to block the light. We tried a towel but since the towels are white, the glow shows thru.

I wish we had thought to video the room before we unpacked. We brought our video camera and didn't use it one time...darn.

Thanks for all the videos and pictures.

Looking forward to the Courtyard. Whenever I sail ( which is peak weeks) the Courtyard is always crowded.

How did you feel about being far away from the Courtyard? I was booked in an AFT Penthouse and the connecting BA, but I was nervous about courtyard access...so we switched to a CV. No more CV's left on our sailing, so I am glad we switch, but I think maybe next time I may try the Penthouse and BA.

Edited by familyof4cruising

• 5 years later...

Thanks so much for your pix and videos. DH and I have booked this cabin on the Epic Oct. 2016. After viewing your pix, I'm more excited than ever. It's our first time on the Epic and the Mediterranean itinerary.