Seward accomodations

oldmama

I am interested in recommendations of accomodations in Seward in July. I will have a car, so have some flexibility on locations. Is it worth the extra money to be in town, or are the B&Bs outside the city better?

Hi -

We stayed 1 night in Seward at the Holiday Inn Express last month. It was OK and included a run-of-the-mill continental breakfast. Rooms are a little worn looking, but generally clean.

Seward doesn't really have a lot of hotel choices ... and none of the bigger chains (Marriott, Hilton, W, etc.)

Best part of the H.I.express was location! You'll be across the dock from your ship when you awaken the next morning. You're right at the fishing docks and it's fun to see the happy fishermen unloading their catch. There are severl restaurants within 1 block walking distance. The tours will pick you up at your hotel lobby. The hotel will "store your luggage" in a locked room for you at no charge. And, the taxi only charged us $5. to take both of us and all our luggage to the ship.

Hope this helps you decide.:)

Liz

I am interested in recommendations of accomodations in Seward in July. I will have a car, so have some flexibility on locations. Is it worth the extra money to be in town, or are the B&Bs outside the city better?

Another consideration for July is the Mount Marathon Race that happens during the July 4th weekend. Everything books up quickly during that weekend.

We just got back from Alaska yesterday. We spent three nights in a private house right downtown. We had six in our party, so it worked out great - 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, full kitchen, living room and dining room. Google Vacation Rentals By Owner. We also found a great house in Healy for our two nights in Dinali through them. Good luck. :)

We just got back after 2 nights in Seward. Stayed at the Whistle Stop. 2 train cars made into rooms.

An individual, who saw the outside, said he wouldn’t stay there. We showed him the inside and he said gee these aren’t bad at all. The Smoke Shack, eating place highly recommended by the locals, is right there. We ate at the restaurant & bar. Good food and very reasonable.

Vis

Archived