How can this ghost get some color?

kanitter

I'm like you, some color on my arms, face and a lovely permanently red triangle on my chest (sigh). I forgot to mention, I use the spray tan AND the jergens lotion. I usually use the spray in evening and then in the mornings I supplement with the lotion to help even things out and give a nice glow.

Good luck!

I use a sunscreen on my chest now every single day of my life, even in winter. I used to use it just on my face and noticed one day a couple years ago how different the color and texture of my chest was, all from casual sun exposure since I rarely lay in the sun.

It's helping a bit, I really wish I would have started years ago since sun damage is easier to prevent than repair. I'm glad I was never a sun worshiper in my youth, there are many women around my age with a lot of sun damage.

I do use the Jergens on my arms and chest when I know I'll be wearing a cocktail dress that is more revealing. Most of the time, I'll only use the Jergens lotion on my legs maybe twice a week. The buildup of color starts after only two days use in a row for me and the color isn't pretty, especially since that is when the streaky starts to show. Just a tiny hint of color on my legs is all I want, nothing phony or a self-tanner look for me.

I really do thank everyone for their answers. It's nice to get all the different opinions. At least I have different ideas to kick around and I have a few weeks to play around with some of the different products. I definetly do not want the appearance of the fake and bake tans that I have seen on some women. I just want a touch of color. Just enough that everybody doesn't have to put on sunglasses as I walk buy.:rolleyes: I'll try and post pictures with the end results with the dresses. Everyone have a good one, Sue

I use a sunscreen on my chest now every single day of my life, even in winter. I used to use it just on my face and noticed one day a couple years ago how different the color and texture of my chest was, all from casual sun exposure since I rarely lay in the sun.

It's helping a bit, I really wish I would have started years ago since sun damage is easier to prevent than repair. I'm glad I was never a sun worshiper in my youth, there are many women around my age with a lot of sun damage.

I do use the Jergens on my arms and chest when I know I'll be wearing a cocktail dress that is more revealing. Most of the time, I'll only use the Jergens lotion on my legs maybe twice a week. The buildup of color starts after only two days use in a row for me and the color isn't pretty, especially since that is when the streaky starts to show. Just a tiny hint of color on my legs is all I want, nothing phony or a self-tanner look for me.

You know, all the women in my family told me to wear sunscreen on my chest but I didn't listen. :o

You know, all the women in my family told me to wear sunscreen on my chest but I didn't listen. :o

I have no one to blame but myself. I would put on sunscreen, even bought makeup with sunscreen in it. But for some reason just never thought about putting it on my chest. And yet I would complain when I got a sunburn there. Go figure.:o Have a good one, Sue

• 2 weeks later...

I say be happy to be pale. I use lotion with shimmery powder mixed in. That way you get a glow, but it's pearly instead of golden.

I have the same skin as you and was disappointed in my teens when people had beautiful tans and all I got was peeling red freckly skin. Then in college I had the chance to meet people from all over the world and learned that in many cultures it's exotic and beautiful to be pale.

Do what you like, but be safe!

Archived