THE CAT in Havensport?

w8ing2cruz

Has anyone sailed on this catamaran out of Havensport? It seems relatively new but run by the same people who own The Dancing Dolphin. I'd love to hear some feedback before we book it.

Also - is it better to sail on the other side of the island towards St. John rather than the Havensport side to Buck Island? Would love to hear some comments on this. Thanks.

I just posted a response to a similar question about The Cat at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=25861708&post=2

We also did a snorkel at St John in April. St John is great, but the Turtle Cove snorkeling trip had a lot more to see. Multiple turtles, a ray, and nice coral and fish. Maybe our snorkeling stop in St John (NOT a cruise excursion) just stopped in a less exciting place.

Thanks shwonline - I totally forgot I could try and search NCL (and I believe Princess) as this is a cruise sponsored excursion on those lines. Right now we are the only group on this trip - I'm sure the owner will find others to sail that day but I imagine it won't be too crazy. Thanks again!

• 1 month later...

Just a follow up - I plan on writing a review of our entire day in St. Thomas but this was the highlight of our cruise. The owner did let the boat go out with just our eight on board. It was like a private charter on a new catamaran that normally would hold 70 - 80!! Had a newly graduated Marine Biologist on board that made our snorkeling a true pleasure! If you're looking for a catamaran sailing right out of Havensight - this is the one!!

Just a follow up - I plan on writing a review of our entire day in St. Thomas but this was the highlight of our cruise. The owner did let the boat go out with just our eight on board. It was like a private charter on a new catamaran that normally would hold 70 - 80!! Had a newly graduated Marine Biologist on board that made our snorkeling a true pleasure! If you're looking for a catamaran sailing right out of Havensight - this is the one!!

Can you please tell me how to contact them to book ? I can't find an active web site. Thanks

is this an independent tour or booked thru cruise line? Is this the Bimini Breeze?

This is The Cat. Princess and NCL cruisers must book through the ship but it was less expensive than anything I could find on my own anyway. Great crew that shows you a great day.

This is The Cat. Princess and NCL cruisers must book through the ship but it was less expensive than anything I could find on my own anyway. Great crew that shows you a great day.

I am not sailing on Princess or NCL (booked on RCCL) but I am interested in this excursion.

I cannot find anything on this company that would help me get in touch with them to book. Do you have any contact info ?

I am not sailing on Princess or NCL (booked on RCCL) but I am interested in this excursion.

I cannot find anything on this company that would help me get in touch with them to book. Do you have any contact info ?

The website is thevicat dot com. Jim is the owner and very easy to work with!! If you still can't contact him post back and I'll send the phone number. BTW - this was $75 for 3 1/2 hour tour plus tip.

The website is thevicat dot com. Jim is the owner and very easy to work with!! If you still can't contact him post back and I'll send the phone number. BTW - this was $75 for 3 1/2 hour tour plus tip.

Thanks, I sent an email to see if they offer a trip that works with our 11am arrival. The RCCL excursion is on Castaway Girl and the

cost is $56 for adults and $34 for kids, which seems like a bargain.

Archived