Just back from Fascination trip!

GAMOM4

Hi GaMom!

Thanks for your review! Your vacation is yours... you do what makes you happy. We plan on staying onboard in Nassau and relaxing that day by the pool. We've never done that yet!

We've sailed on the Fascination twice and we are going again in October. We can't wait to see her upgrades and to try out the water slides!

I have a question if you don't mind... On the adult only deck on the aft... are there 2 hot tubs and no pool? I'm just curious. There use to be a kids pool right in the middle of that deck!

Thanks again! It was great! :D

Edit to add.... I'm also sorry that CC was giving you a hard time and had to re-post!

To the OP - sorry they took your margarita mix! That is just wrong. It isn't against the rules to bring on mixer. I don't blame your husband for being mad they took it, especially after you bought all the tequila from bon voyage.

I've used rum runners to bring on quite a bit of alcohol, and also my boxes of crystal light made it on just fine. I wouldn't have been mad if they tossed the rum runners since they are clearly against the rules. Would have been hopping mad though if I had bought the alcohol from bon voyage and they tossed what I had brought to mix it in. Go figure you abide by the rules and get stung anyhow. No good deed goes unpunished!

I didn't see a basketball court - they do have the minature golf. On the serenity deck there were two hot tubs - my husband told me that the big circle on the floor in the middle was probably where the kids pool use to be. I will say that I did see kids on the serenity deck (not alot of them) but several times I saw them in the hot tubs. I don't think anything was said to them - and most of the time that I saw them in there very few people were on the serenity deck. We never had a problem find a chair on that deck. Of course, that could be because there were 600 children on the ship and not many college aged people - so maybe most of the parents were staying around the main pool area. The main pool stayed full at most times and so did the hot tubs around the pool.

That about the margarita mix was probably the only real negative thing about the cruise. (and that probably seems like nothing to alot of people..but it was the fact that we went by their rules) I will say like most everyone else that no matter if you buy through bon voyage or if you smuggle on - most people that do either of the two end up buy so many drinks on their sign and sail card anyway. I just can't understand why the prices can't be more resonable for the bon voyage (I know alot of people say that they are reasonable compared to where they live) but they are not reasonable compared to what you can purchase it for anywhere around where I live or especially what you can purchase it for on board their on ship in the gift shop. (that's just my opinion and I know we all have one)

and that probably seems like nothing to alot of people..but it was the fact that we went by their rules
Technically you didn't, as you stated in your first post ...
It was in a checked baggage

All beverages that you bring aboard need to be in your carry-on bags

I'm considering a Fascination cruise in January with a friend. It's been years since we were on a cruise. The info about the mixer/alcohol was helpful. I was hoping for more pictures of the public areas on the ship. My friend has an "allergy" to Vegas style decor, and the public areas look very glitzy. Is that the case?

Yeah I guess we should have just carried on the margarita mix - at least the cokes and cranberry juice and water got on with no problem (and we brought back over half of it)

I will try to post some more pictures it was so hard last night trying to look at the little thumb nails that was pulling up and trying to see which ones to post because I didn't want to post all the pictures just the ones of the ship and ports and all. In the public areas inside - it was kind of dark and moody (guess that is the right word to use) - I don't think I would call it Las Vegas style (of course I have never been to Vegas) but I have noticed that on every ship we have been on the promenade deck is darker and colder. I will say it was hard to find somewhere that was cool but not cold - to my taste. The outside was hot during the day and if you went to promenade deck it was very cool. The atrium area was glitzy with all the light from the top to the bottom. There was one of the lounges that was called the India lounge and it had two huge elephants on both sides of the door - when we went in there it was dark like a lounge - this was when nobody was in there. I never went at night but I would assume it was the same way then.

Archived