Inexpensive transfer company, Athens?

mlry6e

I'm looking for insider advice re an inexpensive, reliable transfer company that would do 4 passengers (2 cars or 1 minibus) from the airport to the Acropolis View Hotel, the hotel to Piraeus (Holland America Westerdam) and from Piraeus to the airport? The company I was looking at quoted 35 EU for each of 2 cars or 70 for a minibus only a few months ago. Told me to wait until 30 days out to book. The company is now quoting 50 EU for the 2 cars and 120 EU for the minibus. I've checked w/ some other companies, too. The range for the cars is 45 - 60 EU and 110 - 130 EU for the minibus. Thanks very much in advance for any help!

Short of taking public transportation, I'm not sure there is a less expensive option......

If you still have the correspondence with the original company, you could try to get them to honor it, but the prices you've quoted appear to be the going rate.

As to public transportation, there is an express bus from the airport that goes to Syntagma Square (3.40 euro per person). Looks like you'd have to then eithe take the metro or a cab to your hotel if you have significant luggage. Or you could just do metro the whole way.

We've taken the airport bus (X95) between Syntagma Square and the Airport and it's very easy to use and a good option if you are looking to save money. I would recommend taking it and then get taxis from the drop off point at Syntagma Square to your hotel. It's only a 10 minute drive from Syntagma to the hotel, so the combination of the airport bus & taxi should be a lot less than the 100-120 euros that you are looking at for a pre-arranged taxi. Here's a link to more info that might be of help.

From your hotel to the port, I would email the hotel now and ask them if they can tell you what the approximate rate for a taxi is from the hotel to the cruise port in Piraeus ... let them know the day and time. If they respond, you'll be able to decide which option works better for you... to prebook or wait until you are there.

I am assuming its 45 - 60 for each car.

If you can get the airport to hotel transfer for 40-45 grab it quick.

Is a very fair price for a private transfer(as long as it a total price and they do not try to hit you with tolls or baggage charges).

Two taxis from the airport queue will cost you 10-20 less.

Its unfortunate you will need two vehicles for 4 people with luggage,since you will pay double - 2 cars - for just one extra person.

Most taxis can handle 3 as you probably know.

What were the quotes for hotel to port, and also port to airport?

Archived