Booked Oasis, have questions.

Just booked the Oasis for Jan 22, booked a GS (DW doesn't know) #11254. Can anyone tell me how much noise we will hear from the hall and lifts?

Also, what is the dress code for the CL and the speciality resturants?

What are the shows?

Is there a post with all the menus?

Folks thank you in advance for your replies. I am so looking forward to our return to RCL after a bunch of CCL cruises.

Just booked the Oasis for Jan 22, booked a GS (DW doesn't know) #11254. Can anyone tell me how much noise we will hear from the hall and lifts?

Also, what is the dress code for the CL and the speciality resturants?

What are the shows?

Is there a post with all the menus?

Folks thank you in advance for your replies. I am so looking forward to our return to RCL after a bunch of CCL cruises.

We will be in that same suite in December. We have never had noise problems from the hall or elevators on any RCCL ship and don't anticipate any on Oasis. Someone posted this link, but it was from before they reversed the Eastern itinerary. Your menus will probably be in a different order and the compasses definitely will. The menus may also change if they haven't already.

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B3TIdw4WE7_-NjU0OGI1MjktZDYwZS00ZGM2LWJmMmMtN2E5MzVkODNmOWE1&sort=name&layout=list&num=50

From our experience the dress for the specialty restaurants tends to be the same as the MDR. They used to require men to wear ties, but I think those days are long gone. I am not aware of any dress code for the CL. I have gone in there in shorts and have seen others do the same.

The dress code for the specialty dining and the CL is casual on all evenings. You do not have to dress formal.

No, you don't have to dress formal. However here is the "dress code" according to RCCL website:

Q: What is the dress attire for Specialty Restaurants & Mystery Dinner Theater? s.gif

A: Dress Suggestion

We suggest smart casual attire - jackets for men, dresses or pantsuits for women. On formal evenings onboard, formal attire is also appropriate in the restaurant; which includes suits and ties or tuxedos for men and cocktail dresses for women.

Key words are "suggest" and "appropriate."

No, you don't have to dress formal. However here is the "dress code" according to RCCL website:

Q: What is the dress attire for Specialty Restaurants & Mystery Dinner Theater? s.gif

A: Dress Suggestion

We suggest smart casual attire - jackets for men, dresses or pantsuits for women. On formal evenings onboard, formal attire is also appropriate in the restaurant; which includes suits and ties or tuxedos for men and cocktail dresses for women.

Key words are "suggest" and "appropriate."

Not going to start a dress code war BUT men DO NOT have to wear a jacket on any evening. That is the bottom line. End of story.:rolleyes:

Not going to start a dress code war BUT men DO NOT have to wear a jacket on any evening. That is the bottom line. End of story.:rolleyes:

The "bottom line" is 10,000+ members always have to be right even if the person they are correcting is right. I merely posted a quote from RCCL which is certainly more credible than what the know-it-all big shot says. I NEVER said men HAVE TO wear a jacket. Roll your eyes all you want! :mad:

The "bottom line" is 10,000+ members always have to be right even if the person they are correcting is right. I merely posted a quote from RCCL which is certainly more credible than what the know-it-all big shot says. I NEVER said men HAVE TO wear a jacket. Roll your eyes all you want! :mad:

Then why go back and post the dress code? Bottom line, you can dine in the specialty dining rooms dress casual. That is what the person was asking.

Then why go back and post the dress code? Bottom line, you can dine in the specialty dining rooms dress casual. That is what the person was asking.

Because the OP did ask what the dress code was. That was their original question! :rolleyes:

.....your turn! ;)

Anyone know what the shows are?

Any menus for the specality resterants?

Here are the current shows. The shows may not be the same in January.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/experiencetypes/home.do;jsessionid=0000xJCW9ctvUGDv8Mknx1x8rjo:12h3g0fq2?br=R&shipCode=OA#/?detail=598&wl=1

Likewise the menus are subject to change, but the RCCL web site has "sample" menus from each of the restaurants:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/experiencetypes/home.do;jsessionid=0000xJCW9ctvUGDv8Mknx1x8rjo:12h3g0fq2?br=R&shipCode=OA#/?category=103

We were just in 11254 last week! It was a great room and not too far from the elevators. No noise at all. Had a nice room attendant also :)

As for the CL - we saw 2 or 3 men that seemed to be turned away in shorts in the evening (at least they came in and left after the Concierge spoke to them). There is a sign saying shorts not allowed after 5 p.m. I never saw men in shorts at night in the lounge. That lounge is beautiful, by the way. Very helpful staff. We had lunch in there a couple of days and it was terrific!

Archived