I cruise next Sunday on FOS ;0)

Ok, 1st off I want to say Thank You for each of you that has contributed to this board. It has made preparing so much easier.

I am leaving next Sunday for the westersn Caribbean on Freedom. I have a few questions that I have not found answers for.

How does cruise time & island time work? I booked a few non cruise excursions and there has been references made to "time" and I am confused by this.

Can I bring a curling iron & a flat iron?

How late do the bars and entertainment stay open at night?

If my husband wants to do the flow rider is it best to do it ASAP before lines get long?

Can we sign the waivers for flowrider/rock wall before we cruise?

We were scheduled for late seating by our TA and I switched it last month to MTD but now it seems to be full and we are on a wait list. Who do I check with after we are on board to see if we got my time dining?

Thanks so much!

Oh also, I am a PHOTO SCRAPBOOK freak. I will want to have all the photos taken of my husband and I. How much is it to purchase the photos individually? Is it possible to buy the disc or is it too crazy expensive?

Ok, 1st off I want to say Thank You for each of you that has contributed to this board. It has made preparing so much easier.

I am leaving next Sunday for the westersn Caribbean on Freedom. I have a few questions that I have not found answers for.

How does cruise time & island time work? I booked a few non cruise excursions and there has been references made to "time" and I am confused by this.

If my husband wants to do the flow rider is it best to do it ASAP before lines get long?

We were scheduled for late seating by our TA and I switched it last month to MTD but now it seems to be full and we are on a wait list. Who do I check with after we are on board to see if we got my time dining?

Thanks so much!

Oh also, I am a PHOTO SCRAPBOOK freak. I will want to have all the photos taken of my husband and I. How much is it to purchase the photos individually? Is it possible to buy the disc or is it too crazy expensive?

Freedom does not change time, Ship time is always Miami time, when we went in July, Mexico and Grand Caymen and I think also Jamaica were an hour different, you can check out the differences here http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

Just remember to have a watch with you, do not rely on your cell phone for the time as a lot of them update to local time!!. All aboard will be Ship time not local time

Right after we board we go to the dining room and check our table assignment (in your case check for dining time) which can be changed if needed. (note: we have never had to change our table) Next we head to the Wipe out bar next to the Flow rider and sign the waiver paper and receive our lovely plastic hospital style bracelets to wear all week (including formal nights :eek: if you remove it you need to resign paper) and get the color of the day bracelet (yes you have to wear both every day.) Then you are free to roam or surf or swim or eat or drink :D Happy Cruising.

Please be kind to the FOS, we will be boarding in 43 days :)

Yes,, you can bring your "hair things"....I always bring my own hairdryer, too, as the one in the room simply doesn't blow very hard...it gets hot, but that's not the point of "blow drying!"

It only takes a second to sign your name on the waiver!

Take your own photos...it's much cheaper! The packages they offer (assuming that the pictures are good, and you don't have your eyes shut or something!) are quite pricey...can be in the hundreds, depending on what size and how many you want.

Thanks so much!

I bring my flat iron ever time..the blow dryer works for me fine as I dont blow dry my hair all the way (its usually up). All ship excursions go by ship time...not sure about private excursions. As pp said, dont rely on your phone. We made that mistake once! Although, I think you can make a change to a setting on your phone so that it doesnt automatically change.

I am a scrapbook freak too! I think the pictures are usually $20 a piece? There are just so many photo ops on the cruise that DH and I usually spend some $$ on them. I think they usually offer some type of package deal.

Have a great time!

Archived