Desperate for Ketichikan Excusion

pbrmom

We are a party of 10 (8 teenagers). We are doing the Glacier flightseeing and Chilkot Bald Eagle Reserve Float in Skagway and The Glacier Dogsledding in Juneau with the Mt. Roberts Tramway. But we are having a really difficult time with Ketchikan. We will have done both a helicopter and flightplane so we don't want to fly anymore and frankly are breaking the bank. We know we are a difficult group to make happy with so many teenagers (meant in a truly loving manner). So please help. We are on the Serende of the Seas-departing July 24, 2005. Thanks for all the help!!

I don't know if they offer it on your cruise line, but I snorkeled in Ketchikan through Princess.

Not super expensive, tons of fun, and the unique factor of snorkeling in Alaska added to the enjoyment.

You snorkel in a full wet suit, boots, gloves, hood, so you really don't feel the cold water more than about 20 seconds and you are really buoyant.

I don't know if they are available privately, the name of the place is Mountain Point Snorkeling Adventure. The snorkel is from the shore and you see a variety of sea life including some of the most unusual sea stars.

Frankly, I wouldn't try for a single tour in Ketchikan. :) Split up according to interests. Ketchikan is an excellent walking tour city- real cheap option. :) But also the ability to pick up some reasonable bus type tours if of interest at the visitor center. Again- if of interest. :) If only 2 adults?? Perhaps there would be two options pleasing everyone?

Archived