Any information on Ceuta?

loriva

Does anyone have any experience with Ceuta (Spanish Morocco)? What can you do there on your own without taking a ship's tour? Are there taxis/guides at the port? We'll be in port in mid-December. (I ran a search on this forum but did not find any information.)

Thanks,

Ceuta is a tiny town. Unless the ship's tour lave this Spanish enclave (one of two on the North African Mediterranean coast) for Morocco, I can't see any point for taking a tour. The town is so small that yo can walk it easily (taxis are available if walking is a problem). There are some interesting museums and sites -- nothing mind-blowing, but interesting.

Visits to the desert can be very interesting. If nature is more your thing than history, a tour to the desert (ship sponsored or otherwise) makes sense. the boarder crossing can be slow I hear (I have only been, as is true of most places I visit) during the off season.

I visited Ceuta in 1984 on a trip to Spain. We took a one day tour that included Ceuta and crossing the border into Morocco. There is not much in Ceuta to see, but that that is your only stop in Morocco, it is worth crossing the border. Recommend a tour. Morocco is not a place to do on your own.

Thanks to you both! We'll be visiting Casablanca later in our cruise, so don't think we need to do Morocco on the Ceuta stop.

Again, thanks to my fellow CCers for the advice!

Does anyone have any experience with Ceuta (Spanish Morocco)? What can you do there on your own without taking a ship's tour? Are there taxis/guides at the port? We'll be in port in mid-December. (I ran a search on this forum but did not find any information.)

Thanks,

We were there in May on Ocean Princess coming from the south.

It is a small place that we were able to walk thoroughly, there was no need (for us) to use any taxi or ship tour.

The ship is moored right in town and nearby you will find interesting sights, the fort, the Cathedral, etc.

Being right within Morocco there is a very large non Spanish population there which adds to the flavor

Below is the link to the official page which has lots of information, in spanish..

http://www.ceuta.es/

Thanks again to all. I also found a nice user-generated map on Google maps (the only one, so easy to find) that added to CC.com comments that this is a very easy port to do on foot on one's own.

All the best,

Archived