Cabo San Lucas Marina and Water Taxis

tip

Just a couple of questions....

...1) How far is the marina in Cabo San Lucas from where the Mariner of the Seas docks? The glass bottom boat tours look interesting.

...2) Does taking a water taxi mean getting wet. My wife has a limited physical challenge and I am not so sure that if you have to jump off in knee deep water that it will be appropriate for her.

Just a couple of questions....

...1) How far is the marina in Cabo San Lucas from where the Mariner of the Seas docks? The glass bottom boat tours look interesting.

...2) Does taking a water taxi mean getting wet. My wife has a limited physical challenge and I am not so sure that if you have to jump off in knee deep water that it will be appropriate for her.

The tender pier is on the marina. As soon as you exit the pier area there will be tons of water taxi captains trying to get you to take a tour. If you are just taking a tour and coming back to the marina you will get on and back off the water taxi from the dock. If you want to go to the beach, you will have to jump off and then get back on the boat in a foot or 2 of water.

The "glass bottom" of these water taxi boats are just a scratched piece of plexiglass. You can't really see anything through it. A typical 30 minute tour of the area costs about !0/pp. Make sure to agree on the price before you get in the boat.

The tender pier is on the marina. As soon as you exit the pier area there will be tons of water taxi captains trying to get you to take a tour. If you are just taking a tour and coming back to the marina you will get on and back off the water taxi from the dock. If you want to go to the beach, you will have to jump off and then get back on the boat in a foot or 2 of water.

The "glass bottom" of these water taxi boats are just a scratched piece of plexiglass. You can't really see anything through it. A typical 30 minute tour of the area costs about !0/pp. Make sure to agree on the price before you get in the boat.

Thank you. You confirmed my suspicions on all counts!

How do you get back in that boat from the water:eek:

it seems like a high step and I don't want anyone lifting my pooh body into the boat either:p:p:p

You have to climb back in the boat from the water. As long as the boat isn't bobbing around in the surf when it's rough, it is pretty easy to swing your legs over the edge. There will be locals in the water to help you in and out of the boats but they will be expecting a tip if you let them assist you.

You have to climb back in the boat from the water. As long as the boat isn't bobbing around in the surf when it's rough, it is pretty easy to swing your legs over the edge. There will be locals in the water to help you in and out of the boats but they will be expecting a tip if you let them assist you.

it makes me laugh to even think of this scenario:D (with me in it):p

Archived