change of itinerary has us in Roatan tomorrow with nothing booked...help!

igitur

because of the hurricanes, we´re now travelling the western Caribbean but we need to find a quick and easy trip for Roatan in then next day or two. Anything easy to book right off the ship? Today we´re in Cozumel, took a taxi to Paradise Beach, thanks to recommendations, and loving it! They even have 15minutes of free internet ; )Thanks for the tip!

any ideas appreciated for a family of 4 for Roatan!

because of the hurricanes, we´re now travelling the western Caribbean but we need to find a quick and easy trip for Roatan in then next day or two. Anything easy to book right off the ship? Today we´re in Cozumel, took a taxi to Paradise Beach, thanks to recommendations, and loving it! They even have 15minutes of free internet ; )Thanks for the tip!

any ideas appreciated for a family of 4 for Roatan!

Are you on a Carnival ship? You'll be at Mahogany Bay. Not the best island spot but okay. Do the Clip N Zip zip line right across from the pier area. Book the ship's excursion to Tabayana Beach or grab a cab and go to the West End and see if you can get into Mayan Princess or Bananrama. Or just walk along the beach to West Bay and stop at Celeste's for belindas (Honduran empanadas. Probably too late to book a private with Victor or Rudy.

Enjoy Tom's margaritas at Paradise Beach!!!:)

Go to West Bay Beach and snorkel, lounge at the beach. Or, book with Victor Bodden Tours. I have not yet been to Roatan, but our plan was Mayan Princess for the day at West Bay Beach - and someone gave me this link for other places on West Bay Beach as well: http://www.bananaramadive.com/cruise-shippers/index.html

carwvu80..while this is a good suggestion, it's doubtful they could get a hold of Victor and get a response before they leave Cozumel today. But they can just show up at Bananarama.

crewsweeper: yeah, i wasn't sure about how they would do that. I was thinking maybe you can meet up with Victor once on shore, but like I said, I have never been before and those were suggestions others gave me. I think just showing up on one of the beaches would be ideal for such a situation.

crewsweeper: yeah, i wasn't sure about how they would do that. I was thinking maybe you can meet up with Victor once on shore, but like I said, I have never been before and those were suggestions others gave me. I think just showing up on one of the beaches would be ideal for such a situation.

it'd be tuff to meet up with Vicotr at Mahognay Bay, but I just saw a report that says it's the Norweigan Epic that is being rerouted to Cozumel and Roatan this week. So they'll be in Coxen Hole. And all the vendor kiosks are just off the may walkway by the staircase at that pier. So maybe they can arrange something without advanced reservations, as Victor is sometimes there himself; not sure about Rony. Enjoy your November cruise car..:)

If you come in to Mahogany Bay port the taxi can be pricey. You are best to join up with some others to share the cost, and there may be shuttle tour buses available to West Bay Beach at the dock too. If weather dictates (high winds) you will come into Coxen Hole (The Port of Roatan) from there it is cheaper to get to West Bay. Either way try to have a full car load of people for the best price. ($10 to $25 per person one way) I can only base my answer on what I've heard. Since I live here the prices are much less for getting around the Island, as long as you're not traveling from one of the cruise docks or the airport.

Are you on a Carnival ship? You'll be at Mahogany Bay. Not the best island spot but okay. Do the Clip N Zip zip line right across from the pier area. Book the ship's excursion to Tabayana Beach or grab a cab and go to the West End and see if you can get into Mayan Princess or Bananrama.

We will be in Roatan in 3 weeks and are considering Clip N Zip. Does anyone know if you can book Clip N Zip when you get to the port or do you need to make reservations ahead of time?

We will be in Roatan in 3 weeks and are considering Clip N Zip. Does anyone know if you can book Clip N Zip when you get to the port or do you need to make reservations ahead of time?

You can, but it's just across the pier area entrance (you'll see the big yellow sign as you're backing in to the pier) Just go over and sign up. At worst you'll have to wait a few minutes if they're busy.

Just spoke with Victor by phone, he's already booked quite a few from those on board the two re-routed ships for tomorrow. He's expecting using all of his vehicles since they are both HUGE ships! He emailed me the meeting instructions for those that will try meeting up tomorow:

Mahogany Bay Cruise Center (Carnval Dream): As you exit your ship, customers on Local Independent Tours will be required by Carnival Corporation to exit their dock area through the gates and walk over the hill to the main road. Once outside the gates and over the hill, look for our representatives holding VICTOR BODDEN signs. One of our representatives will greet you, locate your name on our list and introduce you to your guide for the day. At the end of your tour day, we ARE able to drop you off to the entrance of the dock...so you will only have to do this long walk one-way, when you first arrive. You can view the hill behind the red-roofed building here http://www.boddentours.com/images/mahoganybayhill.jpg and print a map from the Mahogany Bay ship docks to our location here http://boddentours.com/images/maptobodden.gif

Port of Roatan Cruise Terminal (NCL Epic): As you exit your ship, look for the Bodden Tours kiosk (it will have a large VICTOR BODDEN sign and will be in position #1 on the dock.) One of our representatives will greet you at the kiosk, locate your name on our list and introduce you to your guide for the day.

He also mentined that you are welcome to call him on his cell: 504-9910-5217 or email to victorbodden@yahoo.com. He says he will have tour reps at both locations...

Wish I was being surprised with a nice port stop on Roatan!!!

If you come in to Mahogany Bay port the taxi can be pricey. You are best to join up with some others to share the cost, and there may be shuttle tour buses available to West Bay Beach at the dock too. If weather dictates (high winds) you will come into Coxen Hole (The Port of Roatan) from there it is cheaper to get to West Bay. Either way try to have a full car load of people for the best price. ($10 to $25 per person one way) I can only base my answer on what I've heard. Since I live here the prices are much less for getting around the Island, as long as you're not traveling from one of the cruise docks or the airport.

what would deem a full car load? It really seems like the taxi fares are all over the place. Because of that, it's difficult to know what to expect or whether the price the taxi driver gives us is appropriate or not.

As things are right now, there is just my husband and I needing the taxi. What, realistically, should i expect to pay for the two of us from Coxen Hole to West Bay Beach?

Archived