Aft Cabin on Epic - don't do it!

loves2sail

Just back from Epic sailing and was thrilled to be able to book an aft cabin. Have always loved them and had them on many other ships. We were in aft cabin 11315. Every time the ship docks anywhere the entire cabin shakes for a good 30 minutes while docking....I'm talking major shaking like an earthquake. Things fall off the counter, and I swore the plasma TV was going to shake loose from the wall. Consequently, if you book this cabin, be prepared to be shaken awake by 6 am on every day the ship docks anywhere. I wish I had known about this...someone said it is the ship's thrusters but I can only imagine what others on lower aft decks felt if that is the case!!!

I've been in aft cabins before and I love them. I expect the shaking when docking. Have you been in an aft before? Was this worse than others?

Other than docking, did you notice any vibration while the ship was at sea?

:)

Oops, sorry, I see you have been aft on other ships.

Thanks, Loves2Sail, for the warning. We have our first AFT cabin on RCL'S Voyager of the Seas. And while it is on the highest deck possible I will have to remember to come back here and let everyone know if this cabin has the same virabrations who had on The Epic.

Although, since it is a center cabin I am hoping that we won't have a problem and will be able to enjoy our cabin.

I have sailed in aft cabins on several RCI ships and always felt lucky to get them. Never had any problem whatsoever. The shaking and vibration in the Epic aft was terrible and I am not exaggerating. I did ask someone that had a balcony mid ship if they could feel it and they said no, so it is just a problem in the aft cabins evidently. You should be fine on Voyager.

Thanks, Loves2Sail, for the warning. We have our first AFT cabin on RCL'S Voyager of the Seas. And while it is on the highest deck possible I will have to remember to come back here and let everyone know if this cabin has the same virabrations who had on The Epic.

Just make sure you are aware of the steel structure back there.

Archived