wash and fold service question

jandjfun

We are VIP as well. We were with some of our family members who are not . We all added laundery in each of our cabin bags and sent them out to be washed and folded. Well, I tipped our steward very well, for doing the others as well as ours. Then later on we got to taking about the clothes and seen where several of my 2 granddaughters shorts, 2 undies, 3 t-shirts of hubby as well as a pair of his shorts were missing! They looked for 2 days and reported they could not find them. Guess they get mixed together( with others) to wash or dry, or someone just needed them more than us or else the grunch got them!!!!!

One thing I did notice is that I had a couple of stains on some of my tank tops and when they came back from the laundry, the stains were baked in. I won't ever send anything with a stain on it again.

I would use it for socks, undies, tee shirts and my DH's shorts, but not for my cotton clothes.

I always pretreat any stains before I send the laundry. FYI-if you forget to bring something to pretreat with, shampoo will take out any oil stains on a shirt.

Pat

quickrate, great tip.

We are platinum and really love the free laundry service. Don't use it for my shirts and tops, but everything else works fine.

Have sent Tees out with a stain and they have come back with the stain baked in. Pretreating is a great idea. Will bring a hotel size shampoo bottle with pretreat in it next cruise.

I became very sick the last sea day when they offered the service and it was a godsend. My 1 bag came back in 3:eek: (everything was rolled), ready to be packed. It went from the paper bag to my suitcase. All my clothes were fine. I'd do it again in a heartbeat, since it'll be too cold to wear anything, once I get home:(

As for Platinum laundry, I've read on here that if there are too many Plats during the cruise, they'll limit the amount of times they'll do your laundry. I believe that it's more prevalent on the Med cruises.

Archived