Alaska Shore Excursions

robntawn

OK, I know it's early, but I've made our shore excursion choices and have them all booked for our August trip on the Volendam. I would appreciate an honest critique of my plans from those of you who have been there. This is our first trip, so I wanted to get as much done as possible.

Juneau: (2:30pm-10:30pm) We have booked Capt Larry with the Awesome Orca at 3:30. We will be done around 7pm, and will probably shop and wander the town.

Skagway: (7:00am-9:00pm) We are taking the TEMSCO Pilot's Choice 2 glacier landing at 7:45am. We are then going on the Glacier Point Wilderness Safari at 1045am and will be done at 4pm. Probably spend the rest of the time shopping.

Ketchikan: (10:00am-6:00pm) We have booked the Misty Fjords Floatplane with Michelle at Island Wings from 2:00pm-4:00pm. Again, shopping and exploring the rest of the time. There is a chance that we might change this to the Anan Creek Bear Watch with Island Wings. If anyone has taken this trip, I would appreciate input.

So there it is. PLEASE give me pros and cons, and give me your honest opinions and evaluations of these trips. I'm new to the boards, and your expertise is greatly needed!!!!

Personally I think they are good choices .I have booked 2 the dame trips. The only one that I did not is in Skagway I decided to rent a car and drive to emerald lake. What plans have you made for Sitka or don't you go to that port? I will also be doing the glacier trek with North Star. Orca arranged that trip for me along with the whale watching. It will be a busy day for us ,but I think it will be well worth it.

Archived