Normandie reservation difficulty

rM3panno

I don't know why it is such a pain to use a travel agent supplied credit for dinner in Normandie. My parents are traveling on the same cruise and we are wanting to dine with them in Normandie on the first night. They are paying for their reservation via the Celebrity website. My wife and I would like to use the Travel Agent provided credit.

We can't use the credit unless we book on board. I called Captain's Club today to make the reservation by phone hoping they could help me but I was informed that they couldn't do anything until 60 days prior to the sail date. Even then, I wouldn't be guaranteed a time or at the same table as my parents. Nothing would be confirmed until 1 week before sailing.

My question is why is it so difficult to use the credit? It is in Captain's Club/Celebrity's best interest to just confirm the reservation without requiring prepayment since they know the travel agent will be paying for the dinner. Instead, as the customer I am let down on the Customer Service front because of the loopholes required to use this credit.

I know I'm probably overreacting but this seems to be overly complicated for a dinner reservation.

If I were doing this I'd do one of four things:

1. Have parents make reservation for 2 and as soon as possible after boarding head to specialty restaurant and ask them to expand the reservation to 4.

2. Just wait and make reservations on board. They do hold a percentage of spots for on-board bookings.

3. Wait for the 60 day window and make the reservations over the phone or by email through Captain's Club.

4. Make the reservations on-line and go to the specialty restaurant on boarding and explain the problem and ask them how to fix it. We've cancelled reservations made on line after we were on board and received a refund so this wouldn't be much different.

I understand your frustration but I don't think they'll change their system for you and the only mechanism they have for making advance reservations is either the 60 day option or the online (immediate credit card) option.

Oh - one other great suggestion: Go twice!!

Archived