Ncl sky's alternate iten during hurricane

golfusaofcs

The Captain will go where its safe depending upon the weather and sea conditions, you could very well end up at Key West or further west...

You booked a cruise during the peak hurricane season. You will have to go with the flow and ride the storms out... Its probably too late to switch itineraries and ships now without penalty...

There are no hurricane warnings in the Bahamas. St Kitts and St Thomas and Puerto Rico were different. I have not seen any intenerary change for the Bahamas on any cruise line. Earl is going to stay pretty far east of the Bahamas unless something has suddenly changed.

But it would be interesting where the Sky would go if a storm threatened the Bahamas. I guess they could go to Cozumel or something. remember that the Bahamas are right off the coast of Florida. Ships cut their engines to run slow to go there. Florida is clear of any hurricanes and so is the Bahamas right now.

Great question, gulfusaofcs. We are booked on the Sky for the 10th. And it seems that hurricane season is churning up good now. But, my fingers are crossed this round will be it for a little while. :rolleyes:

Jennifer

I agree, good question. We are booked on the Sky for the 6th and was curious about this also.

Sue

Doesn't look like anyone is going to catch a break. There is one storm after the next out there

Well, let's keep our fingers crossed! Just read that the Sky wasn't going to Great Stirrup Cay today (which doesn't surprise me!), said they stayed overnight in Nassau and then will have one day at sea.

Sue

Archived