Quebec City Tours

RONO

Is the fenicular easy to find ? We stayed in Quebec years ago and did a lot of walking but I don't remember seeing it. Does the ship dock close in to the city? Thanks, Patsy

The ships dock in the lower part of the old city, very close to everything and you cannot miss the funicular. Just look up and you will see the Chateau Frontenac and the funicular going up and down just to the right and slightly below it. The lower city isn't that big = you will have no troubel finding the "station" in the lower town

• 1 month later...

I'm window shopping at possible ship sponsored shore excursions....HAL Maasdam May 2011. There are so several great sounding options,

walking tour

carriage city tour

after dark ghost walking tour

the castle/hotel

Saint Anne church

Montmorency Falls

Orleans island

Any suggestions for first timer to Quebec ?

We just got back from Quebec. Love this city! We spent three nights and just walked and explored. You really don't need an organized tour, except for maybe a guided walking tour of the old city. If you only have a day, stay in the city, and plan to do lots of walking.

We just got back from Quebec. Love this city! We spent three nights and just walked and explored. You really don't need an organized tour, except for maybe a guided walking tour of the old city. If you only have a day, stay in the city, and plan to do lots of walking.

Sounds to me as if a guided tour would be recomended as an introduction.... after that go out on my own.

Look back at post 29 for the web site I posted to request info about Quebec City. The map is really good and even lists the locations of public restrooms. Would be very handy if you are planning a walking tour on your own.

thanks !

Archived