Voyager destination desk usage??

Have asked for excursion that was listed on website,,then dropped when going to book....signed up for custom,or private tour of same,,,they responded "no cars at port for excursion" and to check with destination services onboard.....has anyone used this and booked one??Not sure if I should do it privately,,,or just wait? Would be on own,but would gladly join a group,,,its for Nov.23 sailing to W.Carribean,,Belize port...want city and zoo tour,,,signed up for the airboat one,,but not exactly my thing, and others to strenous...any ideas?? Put it on roll call area,,,but no anwers ,yet...:confused:

.................,Belize port...want city and zoo tour,,,signed up for the airboat one,,but not exactly my thing, and others to strenous...any ideas?? .........

I don't know what your "Strenuous Level" is, but we went cave tubing when we were in Belize last month.

The hardest part was about a mile hike. The path for the most part was fairly flat and nothing really steep. A few muddy spots. A few stairs and a little drop at the start point. The hike turned in to a nature walk in the jungle with the guide stopping to show us the flora and fauna along the way. I took my grand kids with the youngest at 5. I guess getting out of the tubes at the end is the hardest part. But is was real fun.

We used http://cavetubing.bz/ Booked it about two months in advance for our group. They took us there in newer van. They seemed very safety conscious and we went places in the river that the other Cruise ship tour companies didn't go. Trip included a stop at a local restaurant for a tradition dish of black beans and rice, chicken and a local salad with some of the best hot sauce I have ever had. The owner run the company with his brother and cousins. The all speak good English and even a little German and French. The ride was about 45 minutes from dock and Vita, the guide gave what was a great narrative tour both ways.

If is seems like something you could do, don't miss it.

J

J, interested to hear about the cave tubing since Regent does offer this excursion but I thought it would be too strenuous for me. Did you have to carry your tube with you for the mile hike? Was the footing uneven? I love the idea of a nature hike.

I'm reasonably fit for 62, but worry about slipping and don't want anything too aerobic. Would love to try it, right now we're booked to go to Lamanai again which I will love, since I loved it last time, but still thinking.

afraid not up to cavetubing,,,,am a healthy senior citizen,,,but not up to that.....hubby IS going ziplining....I like to be on solid ground when not on ship....haha...just thought zoo sounded good and read it was great in guidebook,,,,,question is.....can destination desk provide similar when onboard,,,ever use it??? Belize seems a destination best suited to group travel,,,from what I ve read on its Boards here....;)

checked under Belize site here,,and had youtube video of cavetubing,,,can probably just google it...can see for yourself,,,,do have to walk quite a distance with tube,,over uneven,possible slippery terrain,,,

Have done river tubing down here,,,in past,,,in FL,,,,and hear about seeing alligators on shore,,,,since similar guys live there,,,is a possibility not mentioned often,,,plus,,,much is in dark....not appealing to me...a bit of a wimp,,,,look at it first,,then you know if its for you.....:eek:

J, interested to hear about the cave tubing since Regent does offer this excursion but I thought it would be too strenuous for me. Did you have to carry your tube with you for the mile hike? Was the footing uneven? I love the idea of a nature hike.

I'm reasonably fit for 62, but worry about slipping and don't want anything too aerobic. Would love to try it, right now we're booked to go to Lamanai again which I will love, since I loved it last time, but still thinking.

Wendy,

The Guide will carry your tube if you need him to. I was with my grandchildren and the guides have no problem carrying 4 tubes each. The trail is a forest trail. It was fairly easy to walk and not that "uneven". It was muddy in a few places, but you could easily walk around the edges. There are a few areas that steep for a few feet. It rains a lot in Belize so the situation changes constantly and it was quite warm. At one point you have to ford the river which is about mid thigh deep. There is a rope to hold on to across the river. If you "reasonably fit", you would have not problems. It is way less strenuous than zip-lining.

The ride down the river is great fun. You are tied together in groups of 8-10 with a guide with each group. I think it is quite safe. There are lifeguard in kayaks along the river. If the river is to rough they will not run. The river goes through some large caves and you have a headlight that you wear to see inside as it get pitch black. I found to to be the most fun when everyone turned off their light and we floated in the blackness and silence of the cave. It is one excursion I would do again.

J

Archived