Any comment on Seaey's "Real Alaska" Tour? (Seward)

Oscar_the_Grouch's_Sis

In my opinion, it is not a good choice. You can take advantage of the park rangers at Exit and get there on your own, and spend your own time there, for $10. Seavey's runs an excellent cart ride. The add on "tour" of Seward?? Not much in my opinion. I do not know how this Roadhouse is??? Anyone have any first hand reports?

I do not know how this Roadhouse is??? Anyone have any first hand reports?

I used to take groups to the Resurrection Roadhouse every now and then. It's not noteworthy either good or bad - an old frontier-themed restaurant with good food.

Hi -

I was on the July 2 Seavey's tour this year, and I really, really enjoyed it.

They were on-time picking me up (at the train station). We had 14 delightful and friendly people on our bus. Great dog sled ride. They'll take pictures of you, and try to sell them to you at the end of the ride. However, if you take your own camera, you can take turns snapping photos of one another. Then you'll have a chance to hold & pet the puppies. After that, an explanation of the Iditarod race and the struggles to finish it.

Then a short time in their gift shop and off to lunch at Resurretion Roadhouse! Food was good, service was fast! I had soup & salad ... others had hamburgers (4 lunch choices were offered).

Then off toExit Glacier; some chose to hike the 1 mile trail; others chose the .25 mile trail. Then a tour of Seward by bus, and back to the train station. (Our Holiday Inn hotel was 1 block from the train station.) Then took a taxi to our Celebrity ship ($5.00 taxi ride).

I enjoyed it and am glad I took the tour. (My spouse took the Kenai Fjords tour).

Hope this helps you decide.

Liz

I enjoyed it and am glad I took the tour. (My spouse took the Kenai Fjords tour).

Hope this helps you decide.

Liz

Yes, thank you! I am spending the weekend - so I also plan on doing one of the Fjord tours.

I love my independence (that is why I always travel solo) but these days guided tours really fit my needs. - I doubt I would go to Exit Glacier on my own (even though I do want to go!)

I'm going to go for it!! :D

Do you remember if Fish n Chips was an option for lunch?

Archived