My Very Long Review of the B2B on the Serenade August 15-29th.

Dominica:

A slight mention of our Cabin:

Cabin (8592): This cabin had a lot of noise from the Centrium at night. Also, we heard lots of doors slamming, which was annoying. Not sure if that has to do with the location, or just rude people. The balcony has a great forward view, but is a bit smaller than regular balconies because it is on the "Hump". If we had to do it again and stay in the same category, we would choose our E1 on deck 7 forward with the extended balcony over this one.

I was so glad to read this! I believe the first cabin we had booked was 7598 on the hump (same issue with the slightly smaller balcony), but when an E1 deck 7 forward with extended balcony came open I switched. Nice to know that someone thinks that was a better choice! I'm looking forward to having a larger balcony even if it isn't quite as private as some of the other ones.

I notice you've been on many cruises, Princess included. How do you compare Princess and RCL? I know this is subjective but by the flavour of your review and what you like and don't like, I'm thinking your thoughts might be comparible to mine and the others that I am planning a cruise together with. Was looking at the Serenade too, the Princess Ruby was the other one we are considering (Eastern). We are almost rookies.

Great review by the way ..thanks.

I notice you've been on many cruises, Princess included. How do you compare Princess and RCL? I know this is subjective but by the flavour of your review and what you like and don't like, I'm thinking your thoughts might be comparible to mine and the others that I am planning a cruise together with. Was looking at the Serenade too, the Princess Ruby was the other one we are considering (Eastern). We are almost rookies.

Great review by the way ..thanks.

My husband has been on Princess, and he feels that Princess is very similar in regards to the ships and the activities. He stated that he feels there are/were less families and kids on Princess (It was over 7 years ago that he was on Princess, so things could have changed). He felt the food was similar, with a slight edge to Princess. I think Princess is a bit more expensive, although RCCL prices are going up, especially if you pick the larger ships. He says that of the RCCL ships, the Radiance class ships are most similar to the feel on a Princess cruise.

I hope this helps! Wish I could offer more.

If you book a cruise tour, the luggage goes with you. If you just want to get transfers, it is $16.95 per person for the cruise line to take you to the airport. If you just want to take a cab, it was only $22 for two people and three bags to the airport. If you want to tour around, some places will store your luggage for you for a small fee. Check out the San Juan boards, as some people have listed hotels and restaurants that are willing to do that for you.

I have read that the restaurant Barrachina stores luggage basically for free but they do appreciate tips. So I may do that and walk around OSJ for awhile.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived