Cruise Director

kecoco

We had Michael Shapiro. He told us he is three months on and three months on.

He is quite a showman and we had a fun dinner with him.

My favourite has been been Dionne Lochner but she is with Regent and was last on the Mariner.

We had Michael Shapiro. He told us he is three months on and three months on.

He is quite a showman and we had a fun dinner with him.

My favourite has been been Dionne Lochner but she is with Regent and was last on the Mariner.

Oh Dionne is VERY MUCH our favorite! We were going to sail next summer on the Mariner as much for her as anything else.

A good Cruise Director can really impact the experience. On the O Insignia we had Leslie John who is a fabulous entertainer in his own right. I would seek out a cruise with him as the CD in the future. He was the heart and soul of the ship.

I guess we did not care too much about the CD on the PG - there were few organized activities we participated in that required the CD to do anything.

But to think the cruise could have been even BETTER with a good CD -- wow.

Dionne Lochner was the Social Hostess on our first sailing on the Mariner and the next time we sailed on the PG, she was the CD and greeted us by name as we boarded the ship. She invited us to a wonderful dinner with an older couple that had something like 145 nights on the PG! We felt like newbies!

Now we have 45 nights of our own (next year 55!) and this past June Verity never spoke to us (beyond 'hello'). You might say it is because of the changes over the last year, but half of the wait staff and bar staff welcomed us back on board (maybe because we are glutonous drunks? :o).

Mtn Driver

when we were on the Mariner in April Dionne had a PG lovers table for dinner and we really enjoyed it and her company. Chris was the Asst Cruise Director - he was on the PG too when we were there.

I think one of the big draws when we are on the PG is the staff's warmth to returning residents! It makes it so much like coming home that one is attracted to return.

145 nights! We like you are only 54 so will need to keep going I guess. I am going to send them an email and suggest that they have/do something special for those of us that keep coming back even if those days were on Regent.

Hey angirl

maybe the wine had something to do with it.

Speaking of wine, we're having a little shindig in October...we'll send you an invite! Probably out of range for the other Villagers, but maybe if Anglergirl hears there is wine she'll come too?

Archived