First time on Legend - walking laps

wingit

Can anyone tell me if there is an outdoor track for walking laps on the Legend?

Thank you.

No Track,it is only 10000 tons which is very small.

Ten steps and you're bow to stern .:D

You will be able to walk around deck 8 as long as there are no obstructions from sunbeds.Early morning or sometimes early evening would be best.

Thank you for the reply lord of the seas. It sounds as though the walking track is similar to the one above the pool on the Odyssey. A few people were "power" walking around it while there were folks using the sun loungers and I thought it was rather inconsiderate.

We'll probably be doing most of our walking on the treadmill and in port... and around the buffet. Hah!

Why would it be rude for walkers to also use what limited space is available? Did it really bother the sun loungers? I'm not being contentious, just trying to get a feel for the walking opportunities on the Legend as well.

My comment referred to the Odyssey. While I did not use the sun loungers on the deck above the pool it seemed to me that there really wasn't adequate space for exercise walking. There was one couple in particular that power walked everyday at the peak time for sun bathing. So apparently walking there is permissable; but not something I would do. And from conversations I had with other guests, not something that was generally appreciated. On the Odyssey there was an alternative walking area (on deck 5 I think).

From lord of the seas reply I've surmised that the Legend walking track above the pool is similar.

Walking on deck on the small sisters is permitted and might as well be done in the early morning before the loungers get busy so everyone has lots of room.

The larger sisters have a second place- a U shaped and wider walking area on deck 5 to use as well on 9 deck above the pool of deck 8.

About the "power walkers" in the heat of the early afternoon, I would hope that they are considerate of people who are strolling towards their chaise longues and slow down, especially around the Sky Bar so that they fit in with the flow of the majority, so to speak. However, that was not my impression of a particular couple on one cruise I took and they were pushy- literally. Not a pretty sight either when I thought about their manner.

It seems to me that the Hotel Manager might want to make a rule to limit strident walking around 9 deck on the big sisters to the hours preceding 10:00 and after 14:00 so that during those four hours only 5 deck gets the usage.It is, after all, shaded and therefore a healthier choice in hot climes for the serious health enthusiast.

Sailor Boy and I often power walk 20 laps pre breakfast on deck 8 on the small sisters. rarely is anyone out there at that time of day save the odd person smkoking or the deck crew starting to set up.That said, I often see people walking up there in the middle of the day and frankly don't understand the comment as to why that might be rude. In fact I might say that it is a bit rude of people who align their chaises up there in such a fashion that they black the path so it is difficult for someone( usually the deck crew who are trying to wait on the passengers)to walk by.

Sailor Boy and I often power walk 20 laps pre breakfast on deck 8 on the small sisters. rarely is anyone out there at that time of day save the odd person smkoking or the deck crew starting to set up.That said, I often see people walking up there in the middle of the day and frankly don't understand the comment as to why that might be rude. In fact I might say that it is a bit rude of people who align their chaises up there in such a fashion that they black the path so it is difficult for someone( usually the deck crew who are trying to wait on the passengers)to walk by.

I've not yet been on one of the smaller Seabourn yachts. On the Odyssey there really wasn't a walking track on the deck above the pool - it is a sun deck - but a few people did their mid-day power walking up there anyway. When there is, at most, 2 feet between the sun loungers and the rail, it does not make for a sensible walking track. Especially taking into consideration, as you say, the deck crew trying to wait on the passengers. And there are folks just passing through that space from one end of the ship to the other. In the daily newsletter they would often recommend the covered U-shaped walking area on deck 5. But, since they allowed the walking on the deck above the pool some people chose to do so - and it was their right to do so. If I were walking up there I would have felt as though I were making a nuisance of myself.

Perhaps the situation is different on the Legend - I will find out in December. But it seems likely that I will be doing my laps on the treadmill. No problem!:)

Yes, given a choice we prefer to do our walking on shore -- bit of a problem on sea days! We used to use the gym but really found the treadmill awfully boring so on our last cruise we switched to deck . Thankfully on our upcoming cruise no sea days!!!

Archived