Passenger change

melmich

Can you make a change to one of the passengers booked. We still have not made final payment but my husband might not be able to make it. Can I keep the reservation but change the reservation so that someone else can join me? The price for the cruise has significantly increased, therefore, I don't want to rebook.

thanks

Can you make a change to one of the passengers booked. We still have not made final payment but my husband might not be able to make it. Can I keep the reservation but change the reservation so that someone else can join me? The price for the cruise has significantly increased, therefore, I don't want to rebook.

thanks

Yes you can, I think as you get close to the cruise there is a small charge, but prior to final payment should be free.

I just had to do that b/c my husband's asst mgr quit. So I called and you can make a name change up to 48 hours before you sail. I made this change way inside our final payment. The sailing is for this weekend for Labor Day and I made the name change around Aug 10th. She said no issue as long as before 2 days before the cruise. So my DIL is going with me tomorrow instead. No charge at all.

..and ours was complicated by the fact that it was a cabin where we had my 21 year old nephew sharing a cabin with my 17 year old grandson. The 21 year old bailed and we are brining a friend (also 17) of the Grandson. hey were originally on a different floor. We had to have them do a name change and move them to a Promenade cabin directly across from us. Luckily the cabin was available. WHEW!! We called our TA and he took care of it all. Oh..and there was no charge.

The only other problem would be if this affected a senior, resident, past guest, or other special rate based on your husband. For example, if you are age 53 and your husband is age 56, you both qualify for senior because your husband is over age 55 and in the same cabin and booking as you. But if husband is later replaced with someone else under age 55, you don't qualify anymore. I don't know if you would also have to rebook under the current rate. I think if you have not changed any of the qualifications for a reduced rate, you can change one person at no charge or very little charge.

Archived