Post Anchorage

publish

Our trip ends in Whittier on Monday. I have flight scheduled for Thursday at 1 a.m. I want to go to Seward, Anchorage and drive north to Palmer and Talkeetna area. Any suggestions on the best way to do all three? Should I rent a car in Anchorage and drive north and spend 1st night in Palmer then drive to Talkeetna on Tuesday? Come back to Anchorage on Tuesday and maybe spend Tuesday night there. Then we could drive to Seward on Wednesday and be back before our flight leaves out.

I'm open for suggestions on what we can see in those areas.

Thanks

No this isn't a good plan. You need an overnight in Seward- it isn't a day trip. And most certainly - you need a rental car. If I am reading you correctly - you have 2 hotel nights needed? So I would head south, overnight in Seward, do activities, drive to Talkeetna- 5-6 hours, overnight, leave in the afternoon and spend the rest of your day seeing a small part of Anchorage, turn in car- and flight home. This has a lot of miles and time on the road. what is your attraction in Palmer??? That can fit in perhaps in transit? I suggest you get the first bus out of Whittier to Anchorage airport rent your car and get an early start back to Seward or Talkeetna.

To make better use of your time, consider a one way rental Whittier/Anchorage with AVIS. Then just head right to Seward from the ship.

Archived