Questions from first time cruisers

The Floaties

I tried to post this before, but I don't think I did it right. This is my first time posting, so please forgive me.

Here are my questions:

My husband and I are going to be on the October 3rd sailing of the Celebrity Soltice. We are both in our early 60's and this is our basically our first cruise. I have been on a couple but it has been 20 plus years ago. We are going to flying in the day before.

I have a couple of questions, maybe someone can help me with.

Are you allowed to take wine. I read that you are allowed 2 bottles. Do they charge you a corkage fee?

Can you take a case of water?

Can you take a case of soft drinks. If so, cans or bottles?

Are beach towels furnished? What do you do for towels if you take a beach tour on one of the islands?

Where do you store your luggage? We each have large suitcases.

Is shampoo and soap furnished?

Any help and advise is appreciated.

Thanks.

First hand experience:

You are allowed to take 2 bottles of wine on board per cabin. There is no corkage fee unless you take the wine to the dining room for dinner. If you drink it in your cabin you are fine. Your stateroom attendant can provide glasses and a cork screw if not already in the cabin.

Beach towels are furnished. They will place them in your stateroom the night before a port stop, usually when they are turning down the bed. Just be sure to bring them back and leave them in your cabin when you return or they will charge you. There are towels at the pool for use at the pool.

Luggage will fit under the bed. If you cannot store it closed because of the height, just lay it flat or lift up the bed frame.

Soap and shampoo are furnished.

From reading the boards:

Yes you can bring on water, and probably soft drinks. Never tried either since we are fine with the ships water and don't drink many soft drinks.

Isn't the Internet wonderful? When we took our first cruise we depended on cruise books and the ship's brochure. I remember them saying to pack beach towels. Totally unnecessary. Luckily we were not flying. :D

Have fun, you will enjoy it.

Mary Lou

Archived