Should I Have Any Concerns...

jwineeng

I do not want to be on a cruise that a group take over and thinks they own the ship. Or do I want to be on a ship when I do not agree with the life style and have it in for 16 days.

If we were to all take a position that we will not sail with people who's life style we do not agree with, I doubt any of us would see one sea day.

If we were to all take a position that we will not sail with people who's life style we do not agree with, I doubt any of us would see one sea day.

That so true, but there's a big difference between a group of "hookers" (rug), "Holy Rollers" and "Bears". Not that I would cancel out of a cruise because of one group or the other BUT if I knew ahead of time & I could choose one week over another, it would definitely influence me towards not wanting to experience it.

The point IMO is not WHO the group is comprised of but merely that there is a large group. Without fail, a large enough group deprives all those not a part of the group access and/or use of one venue or another at one time or another. We have been there and it was miserable.

Without fail, a large enough group deprives all those not a part of the group access and/or use of one venue or another at one time or another. We have been there and it was miserable.

Yep. I don't even object to any group closing a public venue, as long as the closure is of limited duration -- an hour or two seems reasonable to me, but entire days/length of cruise does not.

Caro

If this image disturbs you, you should probably not go on that cruise.

bears.jpg

.....as they say.....a picture is worth thousands of words.......:D

....here, they are all in one place....now imagine this group of pot bellies .....throughout the ship....:eek:

....here, they are all in one place....now imagine this group of pot bellies .....throughout the ship....:eek:

Yeah, it would probably interfere with the Hoveround parking or the Rascal races.:eek:

Mike:)

We unfortunately have been on a couple of cruises with 2 large groups -- one group had the main show lounge shut down all day as they were viewing "spiritual" movies -- thus Bingo and a few other activities had to moved to another lounge. The other group seem to have an awful lots of cocktail parties thus they were shutting down a lounge.

It was terrible trying to find a nice quiet place for a cocktail before dinner.

On the Ruby cruise there are supposedly only 90 Prime Timers-hardly a dent in the 3000+ passengers on board.

That is an insignificant percentage and you probably won't even notice they are there. No worry for that size group.

So, there are no fat people on "no bear" cruises? I'm just trying to get all these rules straight since I'm still planning my first cruise and I just want to know if I have to call Jenny Craig NOW because I certainly don't want to ruin the aesthetics of the one I'm on. I'd be quite traumatized if someone says "eek" when I appear on deck. No cake and ice cream for ME tonight.

Archived