Scheduling Shows on Oasis?

The way to reserve would be under your reservation under ther RC website, under your cruise reservation, "Before You Board", precruise planner. About mid July I was able to reserve for our Oct cruise. I booked all the shows for us and two other couples all at once. :)

This might help you: subscribed.gifReview of July 10th Cruise. It's misnamed (purposely), as it's really information on how I planned out my cruise.

You can also check out my restaurant reviews as a follow up to those plans. The link is in my signature.

Thanks BrianAlt; this wasn't the thread I was thinking of but an interesting read nonetheless. I also really enjoyed your restaurant guide!

Cheers,

Tracey

The way to reserve would be under your reservation under ther RC website, under your cruise reservation, "Before You Board", precruise planner. About mid July I was able to reserve for our Oct cruise. I booked all the shows for us and two other couples all at once. :)

Thanks janetz. I understand HOW to physically reserve but what I am interested in finding out is how people have managed to schedule everything in one week!

Cheers,

Tracey

There were a lot of things to see and book, so I had to make a schedule guide to fit the shows around our dinner time.

Then it was easy!

A lot of things are on more than one time a day or a few days in a row. Then they may not be shown again that week, so it was necessary to make a sheet of all days and times for what shows we wanted to book.

Someone on our cruise roll call waited too long and they spots are all gone. So, don't wait too long to book them. I booked as soon as they were ready.

I don't get this either. Most of the time I don't know if I am going to feel like going to a show until it is almost dinner time. I have no idea how people know when they will want to go to a show weeks in advance. I always thought that one of the nice things about a cruise was playing things by ear and not having to plan so much ahead of time except, of course, for what you might want to do off of the ship while in port.

I don't get this either. Most of the time I don't know if I am going to feel like going to a show until it is almost dinner time. I have no idea how people know when they will want to go to a show weeks in advance. I always thought that one of the nice things about a cruise was playing things by ear and not having to plan so much ahead of time except, of course, for what you might want to do off of the ship while in port.

While I agree with you and feel much as you do about being able to just play things by ear, I also recognize that there are some who need a certain degree of structure and regimentation in their daily life, and even some who probably couldn't get through the day unless every detail was planned and laid out in advance.I guess one of the beauties of a cruise is that it offers opportunities for all different kinds of people.:)

Thanks janetz. I understand HOW to physically reserve but what I am interested in finding out is how people have managed to schedule everything in one week!

Cheers,

Tracey

Oh...so sorry. We just picked one show a day to see and will work our day around it. Port days, later shows. We have my time dining so we dont forsee any problems. :)

Oh...so sorry. We just picked one show a day to see and will work our day around it. Port days, later shows. We have my time dining so we dont forsee any problems. :)

No worries! We haven't actually booked Oasis or Allure yet, so I can only see schedules by looking at the compasses that some people have posted but I know that scheduling specialty restaurants AND shows can get tricky.

CVU- Did you eat at the specialty restaurants too? Did you keep your "guide"?

Cheers,

No worries! We haven't actually booked Oasis or Allure yet, so I can only see schedules by looking at the compasses that some people have posted but I know that scheduling specialty restaurants AND shows can get tricky.

CVU- Did you eat at the specialty restaurants too? Did you keep your "guide"?

Cheers,

We haven't left yet.............Oct.

I printed off the times and dates but it is also on your Reservation Document RCL site and I understand on your computer/TV in your cabin you can pull them up too.

We have early dining and worked the schedule of shows around it. Only 1 an evening and I think we have 2 evenings with nothing planned. We are doing B2B, so could pass on some if we want.

Or you can take your chances 10? min. before the show when they open up the rest of the empty seats for the people waiting I am told.

We usually go to the usual theater show each evening on board, so same thing fitting in a show per night.

We were on the Eastern Itinerary in April and planned our schedule in order to maximize our time outdoors during daylight hours:

Day 1- nothing

Day 2 (Nassau) - Hairspray

Day 3 (At Sea) - Oasis of Dreams

Day 4 (St. Thomas) - Headliner, Nelson Brothers!

Day 5 (St. Maarten) - Comedy Show

Day 6 (At Sea) - Ice Show

Day 7 (At Sea) - Come Fly With Me

The only show in that lineup that was during the daytime was the Ice Show.

As CVU mentioned, you can always take your chances and go 'standby' 15 minutes before the show starts. For anything in a theater or the Aquatheater that will likely be fine. For the Ice Show and certainly the Comedy Show you'll likely want reservations as those venues are smaller.

Good luck- don't stress too much. The worst thing that happens is that you miss a show and you get to do something else on the ship. Win-win!

Archived