LIVE from the FREEDOM of the SEAS, Sailing 5 Sep 2010

Trainman-2

Hello Trainman, so this comes to an end :( It has been my honor to follow you along your journey this week as you laid to rest your beloved Carol. I will never forget this thread, nor will I ever forget you and Carol. I wish you God speed in your newfound journies ahead. You have a heart of gold and a soul that just shines as bright as the sun. I look forward to many more live reports from you. Until then....:)

Jean

Hello Everyone,

I had a great day today but I am winding down and looking forward to seeing my puppies tomorrow morning.

Breakfast in the Windjammer was followed by the Diamond and Diamond Plus Breakfast in the MDR. Captain Tor greeted us at the door and one of the Ship's senior officers sat at each of the tables. A good meal with good conversations with many good friends that I Have cruised with before!

I skipped lunch and took a nice nap instead.

After my nap I went up to Deck 12 and hung out around the pool bar for hours with the smokers and drinkers.

Lots of good people who I have met on board came up to me to chat.

About 3:00 pm I headed down to the Windjammer.

OMG! :eek:

They had both Chocolate and Vanilla Bread Pudding!

DSCN0777.jpg

The Pool Deck was busy but not as crowded as I have seen on many previous Sea Days.

DSCN0770.jpg

DSCN0767.jpg

DSCN0769.jpg

DSCN0775.jpg

DSCN0774.jpg

DSCN0782.jpg

I think that one of the best things to do on the ship is to watch the little kids running wild in the Kiddy Pool. They know how to have fun!

It is even better to watch from Deck 14 where you can't hear them and can sip a Bahama Mama while you watch.

One last post for me Trainman.

I cannot THANK YOU!!! enough for taking me and everyone else on your journey. It started out a little rough at first but seems that you ended up having a wonderful cruise.

ALL of us really appreciate you taking YOUR time out of YOUR cruise to let us know your feelings both as a cruiser and for your dear Carol. I wish all of us could really let you know how we feel towards you. You cannot believe how you are loved by your CC family.

THANK YOU AGAIN!!! You are the best.

Tim

The Pool Deck was busy but not as crowded as I have seen on many previous Sea Days.

That's because, like me, they're all in their cabins sobbing because they know another wonderful cruise has come to an end! ;)

Thank you, Jim, for letting us tag along. Best wishes to you!

One last post for me Trainman.

I cannot THANK YOU!!! enough for taking me and everyone else on your journey. It started out a little rough at first but seems that you ended up having a wonderful cruise.

ALL of us really appreciate you taking YOUR time out of YOUR cruise to let us know your feelings both as a cruiser and for your dear Carol. I wish all of us could really let you know how we feel towards you. You cannot believe how you are loved by your CC family.

THANK YOU AGAIN!!! You are the best.

Tim

I'll second that!! :)

I have so enjoyed the journey with you this week. The good times and the not so good times. I especially was touched by your moving farewell to Carol. I have already told my husband and kids that that's the way I want to go too. I hope we get to cruise together at some point and I will fight for the pleasure of having you at my table.

Hello Everyone,

I had a great day today but I am winding down and looking forward to seeing my puppies tomorrow morning.

Breakfast in the Windjammer was followed by the Diamond and Diamond Plus Breakfast in the MDR. Captain Tor greeted us at the door and one of the Ship's senior officers sat at each of the tables. A good meal with good conversations with many good friends that I Have cruised with before!

I skipped lunch and took a nice nap instead.

After my nap I went up to Deck 12 and hung out around the pool bar for hours with the smokers and drinkers.

Lots of good people who I have met on board came up to me to chat.

About 3:00 pm I headed down to the Windjammer.

OMG! :eek:

They had both Chocolate and Vanilla Bread Pudding!

DSCN0777.jpg

Can't wait to try both the bread puddings!,, And by the way I know what you mean about your pups,,,love those doggies:D:D...

Dear Trainman,

Thank you so much for sharing your journey with us this week. Like everyone else, I have both cried and laughed with you. I have enjoyed your pictures and descriptions. I wish you safe travels home. I know that your 4-legged children will be happy to see you. Again, thanks for sharing.

Anne:)

Have a safe trip home Jim, those dogs are going to be so excited to see you.

It's a funny old thing but good dogs don't have a bad bone in their bodies. They care not about life's worries, they never hold back showing you affection for fear of saying the wrong thing or being inappropriate. They just come bounding up, tails wagging and say hello there dad, how are you doing and in my case plonk their head on you before flopping to the ground on their back as you given them a scratchy tummy.

I bet they'll be a great help in the come down after your cruise when it's back to the real world of not having a windjammer to quickly pop into for an expansive choice of breakfast or lunches.

When you do get home settle down, put your feet up and read through this thread start to finish. You have created something really special that thousands of people will remember for the rest of their lives. On my next cruise I expect to see a "Friends of Trainman Jim" group card right next to the Red Hat and Friends of Bill W cards near the concierge (as an Englishman I always used to be amazed at how popular that Bill W bloke was on every cruise until I realised what it was :) ).

Keep smiling Jim

Henry :)

Hi there Jim, I too would like to chime in with my thoughts and a big thank you.

First Thank You for sharing one of the most difficult things you've had to do, bury Carols ashes at sea and say a final good bye to her. But don't you fret, she is where she wanted to be and will be looking out for you every day. The ceremony was beautiful and thank you for sharing it with us.

Next, thanks for the tears and the laughter. Not quite sure which I had more of, but I think the tears would win.

Also thank you for the wonderful pictures you post, just like being there!

I would also thank you for the virtual 20 pounds I have gained in your food posts!!! Oh my, just when I was trying to lose a few before we cruise in October!

And finally have a pleasant journey home, I think you will have your hands full with those cute doggies who just can't wait for your return!

Again....Thank you!!!

Oh, just one more thought...it would be a pleasure to cruise with you some day!!! :)

Thanks again for the live report and of course for sharing this incredibly touching week with all of us. Here is hoping you have a safe trip home, get lots of love and kisses from the little ones and that you're safe, healthy and happy until your next live post...where we will all be waiting to visit with you again!

Safe and happy sailing Traiman. God bless.

Dear Trainman,

You and Carol have become a part of Gail's and my cruise life. We are in the midst of celebrating our 40th year of marriage by taking numerous cruises. Occasionally we question our choice of spending money this way but always come to the conclusion that we should enjoy life while we have it because one never knows what tomorrow will bring. We have been touched by your story and will now stop questioning our choices.

Both of us send you our wishes for bright tomorrows and we hope that someday we'll have the pleasure of sailing on a ship with you.

God bless you, Trainman.

Gil

Jim,

Like the others, let me add my thanks to you for sharing this special journey with us. My only regret is that you weren't on the ship 2 weeks later for our 9/19 sailing so that we could have had the pleasure of spending time with you.

Have a safe journey home and hope to meet you sometime either on or off the seas.

Russ

Just before dinner tonight we all saw a bunch of Dolphins from the lounge on Deck 14. There were about 9 of them jumping and having a good time.

Here is the photo...

DSCN0790.jpg

Trust me they are there but as soon as I got my camera ready they all dove out of sight! :D