LIVE from the FREEDOM of the SEAS, Sailing 5 Sep 2010

Trainman-2

Home Safe And Sound with Two Happy Puppies.

The ship called for the Self Departures to leave starting at 6:00 am this morning. I was in Group 1 for having put my bag out in the hall last night.

They called Group 1 abut 7:20 am and I was off the ship, through customs, and in the car with my bag by 7:40.

Parking for one week was $110.00 :eek:

I have some more photos and a video to upload and post. Maybe later today. If not, Monday for sure.

Thanks again for tuning in...

Trainman-2 (Jim)

The ship called for the Self Departures to leave starting at 6:00 am this morning. I was in Group 1 for having put my bag out in the hall last night.

They called Group 1 abut 7:20 am and I was off the ship, through customs, and in the car with my bag by 7:40.

I have some more photos and a video to upload and post. Maybe later today. If not, Monday for sure.

Trainman-2 (Jim)

Happy you are home safe and sound,,,enjoy those pups:)..

The last time we went out of Canaveral (2008) the parking was $80 for the week,,but nothing goes down,,,we will be staying at the LaQuinta the night before our Freedom cruise,,price is really good and that includes leaving our car their for the week...We live in Tampa Bay area and our drive is about 3 hrs..usually go out of Fll. and always get a hotel,,so it turns out to be more relaxing...

When are you going on the Allure?? If it;s not the same week we are on the Freedom I will be following your posts again,,,I will miss seeing them:(..

Stay well and again, thanks for the great posts this past week....

Ann

Please let us know you are home safe.

As there are various groups on board who advertise meetings I think there should be new one : Friends of Trainman. This group could dedicate itself to sitting in Windjammer and recreate breakfast a la Jim.

I will miss this thread but will look forward eagerly to the next 'Live from.....'

I LOVE this idea "Friends of Trainman"!!

Trainman I have so enjoyed this thread all week. I will be on the freedom one week from today and I will be headed to the windjammer to have bread pudding in your honor. You should leave out of Tampa on Jan 13th its a four day cruise I will be on it with a group from my work ;)

Trainman, I am sitting here with tears in my eyes. But, not for the reasons you think. You were able to experience love and companionship that most people dream about but few get to experience. This is something you can take with you where ever life may lead. It is so wonderful to know such dreams do come true.

I know it is tough but you have been blessed!

This has been the cheapest cruise I've ever been on.:D Thanks for taking me along. I could almost taste that bread pudding. I was on the Liberty in June and they must have had it also. I don't know what happened, but I totally missed it and I am kicking myself. I was only in the WJ for breakfast and lunch. Is it that they only put it out at tea time? Again, thanks for the wonderful posts and pictures.

Jim

In an earlier post you mentioned you might take a Freedom cruise in May '11. We currently have one booked for the 22nd of May on Freedom and one on the 26th of May on Explorer and soon have to decide on which (yes two deposits, I know it is dumb BUT there is a reason ;) ). If you are looking at May 22nd, please post that as that WILL probably make our decision for us. We definitely are looking at you being our tablemate!!!

Tim

I LOVE this idea "Friends of Trainman"!!

Thanks Jim embarked on this cruise with very deep emotions and I know with us all to accompany him in a virtual sense and knowing we were here to talk to must have helped him.

I know that if I should ever be in a position to knowingly cruise when he is I would seek him out. So many people here have followed his week and there will be others who will be on his next cruise; I do hope they will pay this experience forward and seek him out to say hi.

Can someone design a 'Friend of Trainman' logo? I hereby promise to recreate a plate of food as pictured by Trainman and post it on CC.

Edited by NorbertsNiece

So glad to hear you made it home safely. I will be one of many who will miss reading all about your cruise and look forward to the next. I truly felt as if I was with you the entire time and in spirit I was. Thank you again for taking the time to take us on this most important journey with you. You are an inspritation and you have deeply touched my life. Thank you, thank you, thank you for that. :)

This has been the cheapest cruise I've ever been on.:D Thanks for taking me along. I could almost taste that bread pudding. I was on the Liberty in June and they must have had it also. I don't know what happened, but I totally missed it and I am kicking myself. I was only in the WJ for breakfast and lunch. Is it that they only put it out at tea time? Again, thanks for the wonderful posts and pictures.

It is every afternoon about 3 pm in the WJ.....just check your cruise compass for details.....get there early as these delights go fast!!! :D :eek: ;)

I forgot to mention...

Nobody missed the ship yesterday but there were two last minute runners who just made it.

The Captain blew the horn at 4:30 but by then, there were just a few still walking back to the ship.

The crew had already pulled in the bow ramp and we were about ready to cast off when the last two showed up at the shore and were running at full speed along the pier.

The Captain was kind enough to wait a few extra moments for them and as soon as they ran up the ramp we were on our way.

Actually, a couple did in fact miss the boat, not sure how they got to Grand Cayman, but they were at the guest relations desk later in the afternoon and were giving the poor gal a hell of a hard time, because the boat couldn't wait an extra few minutes for them.

I not-so-politely told them that when the Captain said be back on the boat, he's not screwing around, he means be back on the boat and there is nothing this poor lady could do about it, since she lacks the ability to wrestle the controls from the Captain.

It was great (briefly) meeting you at the M&M - glad you were able to finalize the arrangements for Carol's ashes.

Thank you for making us part of your life this week, and allowing us to join you as you celebrated Carol's life. . Tho many of us have not met you personally, we have been with you and Carol on your cruises....

Thank YOu so much for sharing and for caring enough about us to include us during this very difficult time. Many, including me, have shed tears, not only for your great loss, but also for your great love!

Thanks for the great photos, ( loved the dophin one, funny, I too have many of those). I gained 3 pounds this week just looking at the food pix...

Enjoy your time home w. the pups....

Remember your Angel Carol will be with you always!

Pearlie..

Glad to hear you are home with your puppies!! Bet they missed you terribly!!! If by chance you would change your date on Freedom to August we would like invite you to be our tablemate.

God Speed and thanks again for your touching tribute to Carol. Looking forward to the rest of your photos and video.

Glad to hear you are home with your puppies!! Bet they missed you terribly!!! If by chance you would change your date on Freedom to August we would like invite you to be our tablemate.

God Speed and thanks again for your touching tribute to Carol. Looking forward to the rest of your photos and video.

Think you should double check your date, says 2010 not 2011 ;)

Trainman-2 (Jim)

Thanks for taking us along and sharing a very personal journey. I hope you realize all the friends that you had at your side. All of us that have followed your past Live Threads were happy to have a little closure also. Thanks for sharing.

Sue