questions on carnival cruise north to Boston and Canad

gmom-d

The pier in Boston is a little bit out from downtown. It's walkable, but consider walking it wasted time. Try to get to the Old State House- near Fanuiel Hall- and walk the Freedom trail . Paul Reveres house and the Old North Church are in the North End along Hanover Street where all the great Italian eateries are. Old Ironsides and the Bunker Hill Monument are in Charlestown - just north of the North End. You wont have time to see the Red Sox, Celtics or Bruins :)

Heres a link to the Trolley Tours http://www.trolleytours.com/boston

in st.john we did the reversing falls (private and right down from the ship) we did the "dry"tour then took a taxi to their other office and did the jet ski tour and you will get wet,no way around that lol. in Halifax we did the whale watch then the bus tour both from carnival

The run to New England and Canada is my favorite cruise, and I've done it several times, all on Carnival out of New York.

In Boston, you won't want to miss some of the historic sites--the Freedom Trail Walking Tour is wonderful.

In Portland, the lighthouses are great to see, especially the Portland Headlight. And be sure to stand on the starboard side of the ship for about 20 minutes as you leave Portland, and you will see the headlight and its beacon--breathtaking against the rocky coastline.

Saint John--it's a small town, and the City Market is worth a look. If you're more adventurous, the Hopewell Rocks are amazing to see. Carnival runs an all-day excursion.

In Halifax, if you can get yourself out to Peggy's Cove, it's stunning. It's crowded, but it's worth a look.

I travel solo a great deal, and I book a lot of excursions through Carnival. A bit more expensive? Yes. But I've always had a great time and got to see a lot of wonderful things.

I'm headed back on this cruise on the Glory in October!!Have fun!

Archived