Horse and Carriage Ride in Quebec

I know the cruise ships offer this as one of their excursions but I was wondering if one could just find a carriage at or around the pier or if reservations are needed. If that is the case does anyone know how to contact them?

Thank you for any information you may have :)

Check here: http://www.family-vacations-to-quebec-city.com/quebec-caleche-tour.html

I did some looking and I think they leave from the Place D'Armes whch is the square in front of the Chateau Frontenac. For sure they will be able to help you there.

There is no need for reservations. When you leave the ship, stroll through the lower town (lots to see). Take the stairs or funicular up to the Chateau (you can't miss it!) and look for the Caleches (horse and buggies).

The same company also offers what they all "tram tours".. sort of like a modified trolley car pulled by the horses.

Since the Norwegian Jewel will be there at the height of fall tourist season you might want to look into reserving the tour ahead of time online or check that out earlier in the day rather than later esp. in light of what I understand is shorter port call? That way you will be sure to get the tour and have time!

You will (i hope!) fall in love with it! Even being from NC it's my favorite "land" vacation...a taste of France on this side of the "pond"... and, yes, with 5 of you I would def. consider reserving ahead so you won't have to waste time waiting for space for 5 at once.

Archived